My Mel

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JennyB

overo
Reaction score
I am sorry that I could not contact everyone, but last week Mel was life-flighted to SLC, Utah from Wyoming here because he was bleeding internally. There just wasn't time for me to contact all of you and I had no PC down there to let you know...so please forgive me!

He is back home here in Our Wyoming home tonight THANK THE LORD!!! and feeling much better although they have yet to find the bleeding. They scoped him from his mouth down and he had a colonoscopy, but they didn't find any bleeding even though he had been having black stools for 3 weeks(which the begger didn't tell ME-grrr!-MEN!!!)...so yesterday they had him swallow a tiny tv camera which took pictures of his entire system, especially those tiny places which the scopes could not go into and hopefully they will find the bleed. The results will take 2 weeks to read, and since he was feeling better and he is no longer having black stools, we felt it safe to come home.

He will be seeing the doctor very soon to get another CBC blood test and his heart doctor comes to Wyoming once a month so he will be seeing him also. This great loss of blood was effecting his heart(he has had two open heart surgeries) and that is why they felt it important to life-flight him within 2 hours of his arrival at Star Valley Hospital ER...I am very thankful to them, all of his family and especially to his brother Ken and wife, Von for offering their home, hospitality and LOVE after he was released from ICU.....

Please I ask now for your PRAYERS
default_pray.gif
for My Mel
default_wub.png
as he still needs lots of help and rest while he is recovering. He is a TOUGH and LOVING Man, husband, father, grandfather, great grandfather and friend.

Thank You and many Blessings,

Jenny

Sending prayers from across the pond for Mel - and huge (((((HUGS)))) for you!

Anna

Prayers for you and Mel, Jenny!!

Barbie

Oh my...how scary that must have been! Sending prayers for Mel, and hoping he checks out A-OK, and hoping too they will get to the bottom of it! Best wishes to both of you.

Oh No Jenny!

I hope what ever it was has healed itself. Nothing like not knowing. Hope he is all good now!

Hope they get to the cause of this, Jenny. My prayers and thoughts are with you both.

Oh No Jenny!

I hope what ever it was has healed itself. Nothing like not knowing. Hope he is all good now!

Jenny,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Mel....hope the camera works, it's frustrating to not find things out quickly....we all get in such a rush to know things instantly these days......hope they figure it out! Hugs!

Thanks all of you so VERY much
default_wub.png
...you are all so kind...

Mel is back home and we are taking weekly CBC test's and today's was a little disturbing because it is slowly going back down.
default_no.gif
....last fridays was 36.6 and today's was 36.1....so needless to say we don't know why yet. We are not sure if that is a huge amount as it doesn't seem like it, but to me it would indicate that he might be bleeding again. He is on an Iron supplement and has darker stools we were hoping because of that, but maybe it's because he is bleeding again..I hope not!!! His doctor is on vacation and won't be back until Thursday, so we will wait until then. In the meantime I will be watching him closely to see if he gets weaker more quickly or not.

All test have came back negative for anything, except we still have not gotten the results from him swallowing the little tv camera yet and they won't come for another week. I am hoping that IF they find where he is bleeding that he can take an antibiotic or something to get the bleed to heal instead of an operation. Then they can just keep taking weekly CBC tests and see if his blood levels will rise then.
default_unsure.png

He is still feeling pretty weak and can't do too much. The doc said that it may take a month or two for him to start feeling better again...that is NOT what he wanted to hear, but what can you do..
default_no.gif

Continued Prayers would sure be welcome as I know the powers of prayers are VERY strong and again Thank you all for praying for MEL
default_yes.gif

On the bright side we REALLY enjoyed watched the Congress and especially MEL, he really brightened up to watch that..Thanks ASPC for airing this show. Those who are sick, it can really make a better day out a crummy day
default_aktion033.gif

Our best,

Blessings and Prayers to ALL,

Jenny and Mel

Jenny,

Definitely continuing to send prayers and Light and ...and .......

Please give Mel a big (((HUG))) from both of us.

Ma---

{{{{Jenny}}}} My thoughts and prayers go to your Mel. To both of you. I pray they find it and make him better soon

{{{{Jenny}}}} My thoughts and prayers go to your Mel. To both of you. I pray they find it and make him better soon
I don't know, as I'm not a doctor, if this is what is wrong, but the same thing happened with my ex-mother-in-law. It was bad enough where she was in the hospital and they had to give her 3 units of blood. They ran all kinds of tests and they came back neg. Then they did the camera one and still did not know what was causing the bleeding. But come to find out, she was taking a aspirin everyday for her heart and had bleeding. She stopped the aspirin, no bleeding. She started on the aspirin again and the bleeding started again. I hope with your husband, it turns out to be something as simple as that.

Well Mel is really feeling weak again...he has had bloody stools the last 3 days and he has an appointment with his doc tomorrow. The results came back from the tv camera he swallowed-NOTHING!!!...all clear and yet he is still bleeding from something
default_no.gif

Prayers Please, Thank YOU!

Jenny

Oh, no.... I am so sorry... keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers...

Liz R.

Latest posts

Back