My math skills...or lack thereof

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocklone Miniature Horses

past member -I gotta get a life...
Reaction score
Put it this way, i've always been under special attention when it came to mathematics. They just do not compute.

Been feeding my ponies what i thought was 0.70kg all winter. Turns out it was 70g hahaha!

No damage done, they are all a bit porky anyway, but i don't want my stallion loosing any more weight over breeding season because he is in perfect show condition now. So i have finally figure out the feed weight he is recommended and shall be enforcing it
default_giveup.gif

Your not the only one , My maths skills were atrocious in school and still are , nothing to be ashamed at, we all excel in different areas of life and learning and maths has always been one of the weakest for me
default_smile.png

I am horrible at math as well, as a cashier I'm so glad the cash register does all the thinking for me.

I love math, but growing up in the US we learned standard measurements (can't even recall the official name for it; you know inches, yards, miles, ounces, pounds, gallons, etc); I struggle with metric (I somewhat understand individual measurements within metric, but can't comprehend how they compare to standard). [i know about what an ounce feels like, but no idea about a gram. I somewhat understand ml, because vaccinations and many meds are measured in ml or cc.]

You were only off one decimal point. .7kg is 700 grams. Like you said, luckily they are a bit porky, anyway and you figured it out soon enough to ward off any problems.

I have no idea what we work in here. My dad has taught me both metric and imperial, and i think school does too. Thats probably why i get so confused! I can however weigh haynets to the exact kg! Its my special talent at the yard. If the weigh scale is gone? Ask me. I ll know. Big weights are okay, but add a few dots to it? Heck i have no idea. My chemistry teacher basically said i was not allowed to chose his class as my higher education because my maths was so weak - i literally passed by about one mark and it was down to my good literacy and art lol!

Latest posts

Back