My Hubby asked a ?? Lets see all of your answer's.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiny Hooves

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]My hubby asked: What are all of our Mini's (kids) good for? With the exception of showing them lets see how many reason's our mini's mean sooooooo much to us. My husband knows how much my kids (mini's) mean to me and would never ask me to get rid of or sale them. I was just courious how many different or same reason's they are so special to all of us.[/SIZE]

Here are some of mine. (Just for fun)

1. LOVE: There is alway's an unconditional LOVE
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
(Maybe it is just for their food
default_biggrin.png
)

2. Companionship: They are alway's there for me. (as I am for them) They are alway's there for a shoulder to cry on. (Usually it is your shoulder their heads are on,
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
but they are there)

3. Friendship:

4. Therapy:

5. Good Listener: They alway's have an ear open to hear what you are saying.

6. FUN: Alway's fun to be around.

7. Excitement: One way or another they will keep you on your toe's.

8. Helpful: Anyway they think they are helping, (helping carry tool's coats, hat's, you name it they will help you)

9. Babysitter:
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
In a way, they help keep the children entertained. Children alway's seemed to be amazed with the little one's since they are so small.

10.Lawn mower:
default_laugh.png
default_biggrin.png
default_laugh.png

11. Fertilizer:
default_biggrin.png
default_laugh.png
default_biggrin.png

Well here is a few of mine. Lets see what else we can come up with.

This is just for fun, but lets see how many different answer's there are.

How about:

1. Exercise - chasing them, cleaning up after them or taking them for walks

2. Entertainment - the sheer joy of watching them run across the field (when NOT chasing them)

3. Education - they are always teaching me something plus we have used ours in an after school program

4. Public relations (e.g. parades, exhibitions, etc)

5. Driving - for pleasure, show, or ?

6. Satisfaction, when teaching them something new and they GET it

Can I borrow this list for a talk I am giving to 4-Hers next month?

Last edited by a moderator:
I told my husband it was for his safety. Cause I NEED my horses to vent about him to and listen to me so that I dont go crazy and hurt him. LOL
default_new_shocked.gif

Introducing horses to children and adults who would be intimidated by full size horses.

Clearly they cannot be used for plowing - they're mainly for Rototilling!

All the above and the always famous line, "well you can't ride a dog either, but plenty of people enjoy having them!"

Happyness,if anyone asks my husband he says they make her happy. That pretty well sums it up
default_wub.png
.Carolyn R,I'm gonna have to remember that,good response.

All the above plus

They are small enough to take into nursing homes. Therapy Animals
default_wub.png

Okay...What are cats good for? Birds? etc. They are beautiful creatures that put smiles on people's faces; it's an honour and priviledge to look after them and pick up their $^%& lol.

They help you through a really rough day

They make you get out and move around and stay in shape (who needs a gym?)

They make you laugh

They are great to take to schools (some kids have never even touched a horse)

If I didn't have my minis it would have taken me longer to recoup from my Heart Sx

Everyone needs a hobby to keep them sane ( I used to be on a bowling league and spent way more doing that in 1 mth then on my minis)

I always wanted a horse when I was a little girl so that is why I have 16?...mmmmmm

Guys have there hobby we should have ours?

Hubby loves them as much as me (he loves to do the imprinting)

Mine keep me going, good weather or bad, horses gotta be taken care of. Course good weather isn't a problem, but I gotta admit during the winter I definitely wouldn't get out as much if it weren't for the horses. The exercise I get from them counts too. The love and affection are a bonus.

Well, OBVIOUSLY.........they keep your spending in check!

Yep, you are kept at the feed stores, tack shops, auctions, shows, etc. WHICH LIMITS the time and money you spend at the Malls, etc.
default_wacko.png
default_rolleyes.gif
default_wub.png

If he buys into this one as OK, he's a keeper!
default_laugh.png

Mine inspire art and photography/creativity. Big time. They are one of the absolute main things I work off of.

They are my best therapy! (I have MS)

They make me smile.

They make me move and get up to go care for them.

They take me for a drive which always puts a smile in my day!

I can walk along-side them and instead of worrying about being toppled over , they support me.

They give me something to look forward to as we work with them.

They are lovable, one look just melts me, esp my boy with the blue eyes and white eyelashes.

I can have fun/pleasure just watching them play.

Barb

Pure joy, my kids (minis) provide geniune joy, love, kindness, etc. All of the fruits of the spirit wrapped up in a tiny package. STRESS RELIEVER, I can have a day full of stress, anxiety, and ugliness but, coming home to a sweet velvet nose helps me get through the next rough day.They are a natural life enhancer!

According to our kids we replaced them with minis when they left for college.

* They prevent empty nest syndrome.

My father-in-law has had both knees replaced and neither surgery or rehab went well but he made himself get up and do the PT so he could come help with the horses.

* Psychological and medical therapy

When Gary and I are mad at each other we still have to work together to take care of them.

* Marriage therapy

Otherwise I would have no logical reason to clean and jerk 40-70 lbs over and over. (hay bales and feed bags).

* Saves the expense of a gym membership

They are the key to our new reading program.

* Kids who hate to read are reading about them

And most of all, they make us happy.
default_wub.png

Ruth

They're the pony I always begged for as a child and never got!

They're my saving grace and my stress relief outlet that keeps me sane!

They're my driving force that gets me up and going everyday!

They're the "horse" for horse crazy people that for whatever reason can't do big horses anymore!

They're the reason I have made so many new friends and have this wonderful forum to go to!

Latest posts

Back