My First Mini!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PetVetCanuck

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone here, especially those on the Driving Forum, who so graciously shared their knowledge and offered encouragement - I have a new horse!!!
cheeky-smiley-006.gif

Special thanks to Lori Rafter of Maple Mountain Miniatures/MiLo Acres Training Centre for allowing me to purchase (although adopt is more like it!) her 'soon to be gelding' Milo Acres Just For The Ladies. His barn name at Lori's was Jessie, but my six year old son insists that is a girl's name, so his new barn name is Clooney. Ahhhhh.... gorgeous George Clooney - my kinda ladies man!

Clooney is sired by Havenwest Little Rock, out of MiLo's Silver Lady. He's just a shade under 37" and is a gorgeous black grullo overo with a large star extending into a blaze and two blue eyes. Not a colour combo I'm used to, coming from the Trakehner breed! He's had a very successful show career in halter, including AMHR Champion Yearling Stallion and Amateur Halter Stallion, but with his testicles gone, now he's going to have to work for his supper!
xreiter.gif

We're going to begin with recreational driving, move on to driven dressage (we board at a dressage barn), ADTs, and who knows, perhaps even a few CDEs in the future - if *my* brain can handle it!

He is remaining with Lori for a few months to continue with his driving education, but we are nearly bursting with excitement to have him at home!

impatient.jpg

Time definately does NOT fly when you're waiting for your new horse!

Here are a few pics of Clooney:

Body Shot

4788056673_2db014b6e1.jpg

Head Shot

4788095091_8e605c5d5f.jpg

And my son's favourite, a shot of Clooney as The Cowardly Lion, in a costume class with Lori and her daughter.

4788725996_00d8c9ab5b_b.jpg

Thanks for reading and hopefully I won't bore you all silly with *daily* updates!

default_smile.png

Cathy

Now, THAT's entering the mini world with a BANG!

What a great choice in horse, seller, and (LOL!) barn name. I think you'd have to search far and wide to make a better choice.

You are going to have so much funm and Clooney is very lucky to be your ladies' man!

PS: No detail is ever boring around here...we at LB LOVE details!

Last edited by a moderator:
LOVE IT
default_wub.png
default_aktion033.gif

Not much else to say yet........You just made me smile.

WHOOO HOOOO!!

There you go!
default_aktion033.gif

Handsome boy!!! Congrats!

I look forward to many more of your posts on the driving forum in the future!

Oh Congrats on buying Jessie! I had always wanted to cross him to my one mare as I am very faun of him, but clearly I have missed my chance. Lori is great to work with and so is Jessie. You will be very happy with him, as he is a lovely horse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations! I saw your post over on the driving forum and I'm so glad that you decided to join us in the mini world.

Very nice looking boy and that tall he should be fun to drive. Seeing him in that costume (patience personified) also makes me believe he'll be a safe horse to drive too.

default_aktion033.gif
Congratulations
default_aktion033.gif

He is one gorgeous horse.
default_drool5.gif

Best of luck & hope you both have tons of fun together.
default_smile.png

Thanks everyone! I'm still grinning from ear to ear
biggrin.gif

And that's exactly what I thought too Sandee... if he'll walk around quietly with a lion hat on his head/face ('how can he see Mum?!' is the first thing my son asked me <g>) I'm thinking he's got to be pretty darn level headed

smile.gif

Cathy

I am so happy that Jesse... er, um, Clooney (Clooney Clooney Clooney....I WILL get that right!) is going to such a good place! I just have a feeling that you are going to be really good for each other. Je....Clooney is indeed a very levelheaded horse, full of himself but easily handled and not easily startled. He doesn't have a great many miles under his belt just yet but he is quite traffic safe and hasn't shown any tendency to be silly in harness. By the way, there were eye holes in the lion head but he seemed to prefer to tip his head up and look out from under! LOL All of our horses have to tolerate our penchant for costume class. He is a very good boy and will be badly missed here but I am sure you will enjoy him! He has left a little something of himself here for me too.......<VBG> A wee red dun and a red sabino.

Macyscolt1E.jpg

OpenFire2E.jpg

and a couple more to come!

Latest posts

Back