My first driving win! (And first forum post...)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DukeFleurPeek

Reaction score
This past Sunday at the AMHR show in Hanover, Ontario, I achieved my very first driving win in Amateur Country Pleasure driving our mare Fleur a.k.a. "JEM Break 'N Pattern".
firstprize.gif

Needless to say, I was thrilled beyond description
yes.gif

We have only owned minis for 2 years and not being "horse people" per se, we have learned so much from these beautiful animals. We jumped right into the deep end last year in our first year and my wife took Fleur and our gelding Duke (JEM Duke It Out) to the AMHR Nationals in Tulsa. Duke placed 6th in Yearling Gelding Over. Again, we were thrilled beyond words.
rolleyes.gif

We have been unbelievably fortunate to have aligned with a tremendous trainer, Lori Rafter of Milo Acres Miniatures who has shown great patience as our mentor and friend showing us the ropes. She is immensely talented, patient, yet constructively critical when necessary. We were also extremely lucky to have acquired 2 beautiful, intelligent horses with awesome temperaments from Marrianne Bartkewich of Bartkewich Miniatures. Fleur and Duke have won numerous Junior and Senior Champions this year and Fleur has even taken a few Reserve Grands.

We also owe a ton of gratitude to our very first mini, "Cornerstone's 'Lil Peekaboo" who now belongs to our son, who shows him exclusively at mostly fairs and club shows. Peek is the most amazingly patient little horse that was a dream to learn how to drive with. We will always love him as our "first born".

Needless to say, I am as excited as can be to drive Fleur at Nationals and can't wait for Duke to start driving next year. They are both by the same sire "Lucky Hart's Be Bob 'N Baby", who was a National Driving Champion. We hope for big things from both of them.
wink.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Garnet! Welcome to the forum!!! I have to say I was immensely proud of you and Fleur on Sunday - you did a GREAT job with her!!! Mary Ann would have been proud too! I am looking forward to Fleur in the National ring too
default_yes.gif
That little mare has no where to go but UP! Shouldn't that be Kim's mare though.......
default_wink.png

Welcome to the forum!
default_saludando.gif

Big congratulations on your wins! What a thrill!!

Thank you all very much. And yes, Lori is right, Fleur is my wife's mare, and Duke is my gelding, but we do share occasionally. I do have some pictures but will most likely not be able to add them until late tonight or tomorrow night. You are all very kind. Thanks for the warm welcome.
default_smile.png

Garnet

Ahhh - I remember when I had just one dot on the forum - I was "addiction free" for a VERY short time though! You will love the forum. But not as much as you will love driving! Congratulations on the win!! Now we need photos!

132.jpg

133.jpg

139.jpg

Sorry, having a little trouble getting these pictures up. These pictures are from the AMHR Drayton show. We placed 2nd there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love these photos Garnet!!! Fleur just keeps getting better and better and so do you! The two of you look great together - I feel like a proud MOM!
default_biggrin.png
Nationals is going to be soooo exciting!!!

Latest posts

Back