My final 4-H weekend show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NyborFarm

Reaction score
Well over the weekend I attenteded my final 4-H weekend qualifying horse show. Yes, this is the same one that Karen (dreamlandnh) posted about. It was a little disappointing with it being my final year, but kind of releived at the same time that its over. It was a very good weekend for me. I showed in fit & show, equitation, diciplinded driving (hack), and musical freestyle. It was pinned danish system, so everyone got either first, second, or third. We got a second in fit & show because I went on the wrong side of the cones :eek: Oh well, he did behave which is our main thing. We got a blue in equitation, hack, and musical freestyle. Our musical freestyle was done to music from Pirates of the Carribean 3. Here are some pictures from the weekend!

Fit and Show

fitandshow.jpg

Equitation

equatation-1.jpg

Hack (halting in the line up of 1)

hack.jpg

Musical Handiness. Pirates!!!!!

handiness.jpg

handiness3.jpg

Check out this PACE! I love it! Look close to the leg position to see it, but its a pace alright! Its a natural gait for him, and he does it a lot. Just not sure why he does it, but when he paces its the smoothist trot ever!

handiness2.jpg

~Megan

Megan, congratulations! Isn't the end of your 4-H career bittersweet? I miss it and I know in some ways you will too. Your horse looks great and you obviously put a lot of elbow grease into cleaning both him and the harness. They sparkle! :aktion033:

NyborFarm said:
Equitation
equatation-1.jpg

Uwww, clean!

Musical Handiness. Pirates!!!!!

handiness.jpg
Now just checking here, but did something happen to the blinders before this picture? They look fine in the others but it's hard to tell. In this shot at least they are clearly too close to his eyes and seem to be bugging him.
default_unsure.png
: I love your costume though! He looks awesome with red wraps.

Leia

P.S.- How did that presentation on combined driving go?

Leia - Im not sure what happened to his blinders in that picture. Im wondering if he moved his head just right to get them that way. Next time I harness him up I'll check how they sit and fix that. I spent most of Friday inhaling brass polish and harness cleaner fumes.
default_wacko.png
: All of our harness bags and show blankets are red :bgrin He also looks good in lime green
default_yes.gif
:

My combined driving presentation went really well! Top blue at the county level and second alternate to Louisvill KY from the State level :bgrin My first demo that I didn't use notecards! Thank you for asking! I keep forgetting to post about that :eek:

~Megan

Love the pictures! I have my 4-H show (my first!) this weekend! all I'm doing is Fit & Show though, maybe next year I'll do more! There are only 3 minis total that are going to be at the show!!!! The rest are all 'big' horses. I can't wait for it, and great job, I thought the pirates thing was really neat! :aktion033:

We are going to miss you next year Meg at 4H, but you know we want you back as a leader!

Joey was so good all weekend. I have a few more pictures I will get to you.

Meg, you're not out of the club yet, you will be there next year teaching the kids. We still have you for the rest of your life, ok Joey to.

Thanks everybody! Its been a long time comming with this horse. He was the horse that nobody thought was worth it. But look at him now! He nearing the top of his game
default_wub.png
: Once a 4-Her always a 4-Her. Scine 1993 Ive been following my sister around through all the 4-H clubs she was a part of.

~Megan

Latest posts

Back