My Fiancee Visa application has been approved!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunny

Reaction score
After months and months of waiting, our visa application has finally been approved! Some of you might remember that I was to get married last year on the 4th of July but got held up at the border because I didn't have the correct documentation. Well, I do now, so the wedding will be rescheduled asap! My daughter and I are staying up here until she finishes school on June 29, and then we'll be off for OHIO!!! WOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif

default_saludando.gif

Yippee!!!!!!!!!!! This is wonderful!

I am very happy for you!

Hugs

Bonnie

So happy for you!! You might be lucky you werent in Ohio for winter as it has been one of the worst in years and years.

I am SO excited to hear this news! Your Honey Filly will be so excited to snuggle with her Mama! I'll tell her tonight that you are finally off the terrorist watch list!
default_wink.png
default_rolleyes.gif
I am sure that Dick is anxiously counting the days until you are here.

Barbara

I am so happy for you! You guys have a cool love story and it is wonderful that you finally get to be married and together!

I'm thinking the wedding should be on the internet. Instead of "marestare", " SunnyStare!" Good luck and congrats!

Wow, that's wonderful news. I hope your wedding day is truly magnificent.
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

GREAT!!! so what do you have to do to get the horse kids to the States?

Thanks for all the great replies!! Marty, I'd love to go to TN for our honeymoon or anytime!! Marestare.... Sunnystare... LOVE THE IDEA!!!
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png

Leeana, if there's ANY way I can get there and get my filly ready, I'll be at as many shows as possible. I should be able to make the Ohio State Fair and definitely Darke County. OMG! I can hardly wait!!

As for getting the horses to the States, I'm not sure exactly what I'll have to do. I'm sure they won't need more than a Coggins and health papers, but I'm hoping I won't have to pay any duty since I'm essentially importing them. Good question, Krissy.

Congrats!!!! I am really happy for you! The whole border thing can be a royal pain in the rear!! As far as the horse going to the US the exact forms are on the internet and they have to be seen by the border vet on the US side, there is a fee for that but there are no taxes to be paid!! They also cannot be vaccinated within 2 weeks of crossing, so get your vaccines done asap. When looking for the info I just typed requirements for importing horses from Canada to US, it tells you everything on the government web site and you can also call. Be informed before going to your Vet, they don't all know the requirements and I would hate to see you have another border problem. If you need any help contact me, I would be happy to help you!

Again, Congrats to you both!!

Hmm-- seems a long time ago since that Ohio show where we so innocently stopped at a racehorse barn to ask direcitons to the miniature barn.

Look what it all started eh??

We have had some fun along our way Judy.!! Congratulations again. !!

Latest posts

Back