My Early Birthday Present.....!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New2Minis

Reaction score
I recieved an early birthday present from a VERY close friend of mine. Meet "Cookie" she is a filly that will be 1 year old at the end of this month. Her sire is unknown and her dam is a black bay pony. They did not know she was bred when they bought her
default_new_shocked.gif
. Cookie is a beautiful palomino color with a mixed grey/black/blonde mane. What color do you think she is? If you notice in the 3rd picture she has a dark red/brown patch on her neck. Her color is amazing and she is a sweety.

000_0182.jpg

Below she is with her girlfriends, my mini yearling filly's Libby and Maggie.

000_0179.jpg

000_0188.jpg

Thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't tell if she is grey or very light Palomino.

Whatever color - there is nothing better than a horse for your birthday!

What a pretty girl, and I love the face marking on the horse on the far right in the middle picture. Very striking!

What a wonderful gift! I would say greying buckskin....from the dark strands in her main and darker tip ears. I wouldn't think you would see that in a palomino.

Hmmmmm well..... to start, she has black/grey in her mane, so she's black based. So not palomino. She looks a lot like a silver buckskin, but the dark patch makes me think she may not be. The amount of light hair in her mane reminds me of many grey horses I've seen, so I'm going to go with greying out buckskin. That and the dark tips on her ears look like my buckskin's ears.

Hmmm sure is an interesting one though!

She is grey, to tell what color she was born in we need foal pics.
default_wink.png

Palomino´s can easily grey this dark, because grey often darkens a color while greying.

Very, very pretty!!

Palomino base Grey....means she carries Cream and Red and will be a visual Grey. She may also mask Silver as she has Greyed out so quickly, it would not be possible to tell as she is Red based, visually.

She is going to make some child a dream first pony I think....do you happen to have one????

default_new_multi.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_488.gif
default_birthday.gif
default_birthday.gif
default_488.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_new_multi.gif

Congratulations on your pretty birthday present!!!
default_wub.png

She is colored exactly like a palomino filly I used to own (now owned by LB's normajeanbaker), who tured grey... She was born light palomino and as she grew up, her legs darkened and her mane got darker. On a palomino who's turning grey, they actually darken on their lower legs and mane/tail. Mine also has those darker edged ears
default_smile.png

I think your girl is a grey horse, who may have originally been palomino
default_yes.gif

no idea on her color, but she is cute, cute CUTE! Congrats, and happy belated birthday!!
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back