My Dad

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt73

Reaction score
My dad died on July 9th, after a short battle with colon cancer...

I'm happy he's out of pain...and feel so privileged to have spent his last night with him...and feel so blessed to have had him as my dad. I love him and miss him terribly. I just wanted to share his obituary; he was a great man in terms of his accomplishments and also in his kindness and humanity. I may also share the speech I read for him....

http://turnerporter.permavita.com/siteContent/memorial.html?personId=205376&source=memlist

Last edited by a moderator:
So sorry for your loss. Your dad must have been an amazing man to have accomplished all he did in life.

Matt,

I am so sorry for your loss and that of your family.

At the same time, I am thankful that he is out of pain, and beyond thankful that someone so wise and caring has shared this world. His knowledge and compassion will continue to resonate and will trascend his time on this planet.

Thank you for sharing his obituary; we can only hope to have such impact on those around us. Please do share your speech; he was a lucky man to have raised such a son.

Take care,

susanne

so sorry for your loss , I understand the pain of losing a parent but part of him lives on in you and as you grow older you will see glimpses of him in yourself and you will smile x

Matt, I'm so sorry. Please know your in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm so sorry Matt. Losing a Dad is so painful. He sure sounded like a wonderful man and he must have been a wonderful father to have raised a son like you! :)

Carol

Matt, your Dad certainly sounds like a gifted, caring, loving man. What a great loss to your family as well as his profession. He was the same age as my Mom. I know the pain you are feeling and struggling with on a daily basis Matt, and although I am sure you cannot even fathom it right now, just as I couldn't at the time, the pain and sorrow of his loss will ease little by little as the months and years pass. (((HUGS))) to you Matt.

Oh Matt, I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your Dad
default_sad.png
He must have been an amazing man which is evident in the awesome son he raised.

Sorry Matt (((HUGS)))

So very sorry for your loss, Matt. My thoughts are with you.

My thoughts are with you during this time of sorrow. Cherish the memories to help you through this.

I am very sorry for your loss. Reading the obituary and your words as well I can tell he was an amazing person. Having lost my mom to cancer in 2009 I know there is just a whirlwind of emotions that come with the loss.

Thanks everyone. I'm fine most of the time...and then it hits me :s....I'll never hear his voice. Im doing well to move on...I'm quite shocked and impressed at my strength, actually ;). But then that moment just comes out of nowhere. I've been dreaming of him....funny dreams...so I'm sure that's his way of telling me to suck it up and move on lol.

I'm so sorry Matt. My dad died on May 30th. He was also a wonderful man and father. Time helps, but I still have moments when I start to pick up the phone to tell him something or ask his opinion.

Sorry for your loss, too, Val. In those moments I do "talk" with my dad. Not sure if what I get back is him or what I would like to hear from him, but it comforts me nonetheless ;)

Matt, my heart goes out to you and on a level I can't really put into words.

Your dad sounds like a great man, who helped many people, and he raised a smart, kind and outstanding son in you.

Sorry for your loss, too, Val. In those moments I do "talk" with my dad. Not sure if what I get back is him or what I would like to hear from him, but it comforts me nonetheless ;)
Matt, I really think it does. There have been some things in my life that have confirmed to me that we are not ever really apart from those we love, and that some relationships are everlasting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh no Matt, I am so sorry. Big hugs to you and condolences to you and your family.

I am so sorry for the lose of your Dad, my condolences to you and your family.

Latest posts

Back