my crazy parrot

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AceyHorse

Reaction score
I just had to share this story with everyone.

I have a male Indian Ringneck Parrot called Jimmy and a female called Lemon ( shes yellow) and they are coming up to 1 1/2 years old, so they are starting to get a bit curious about each other although they are far to young to do anything too serious.

But he loves to show off and do his "look at me, I'm a hottie" dance for her which involves him strutting around and sticking out his wings and chest and giving her kisses. He added a new part to his dance the other night which involved him strutting around behind her, putting one of his feet on her back and saying "Up!"

Soooo funny, Shannan and I were rolling around on the floor laughing.

It was all completely innocent of course, but I think Jimmy was a little put off at our amusement of the moves he was busting out!

Too funny!! I have several parrots and they are quite entertaining too. It would be too funny if u could get him on film.

Parrots love em or hate em. I am not sure where I am with ours we have an african gray he never stops talking sometimes when I am outside he is so good at sounding like a screaming puppy i have to come running in the house to check and see if it was him or the dogs.

then there is the swear words, he speaks spanish - he laughs at everyone- calls most of the dogs by name- and is loving the stallion squeal he is working on they are entertaining for sure

Ha ha, I can just imagine it. :bgrin I have 3 Sun Conures. 2 are about a year and a half now, they are full brother and sister and have yet to see any "curiosity" hope I never do. My oldest does pull ups (holds on to the cage with his beak and lifts his legs off) -- such a show off, but so cute.

awww how cute...i miss having birds around the house...
default_smile.png
They are soo fun to be around. Gotta love those fabulous colors on those ringnecks thats for sure. I bet they are going to be something.

Yeah I should really try and get him on tape, it would be a good one to put on You Tube.

I bet that Sun Conure is a crack up when he does his pull ups, would love to see a Vid of that too!

And I've heard what great talkers those African Greys are, our little guy is just starting to learn our cats names (the cats steer clear of the parrots as the birds are constantly wanting to groom them and their sharp beaks are a bit rough on their sensitive kitty skin)
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Jimmy is still developing his neck ring, its got alot of peach around it but not a huge amount of black yet. Hes going to look amazing when its fully developed, I can't wait.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back