My Boy’s First HDT

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thehorsegirl

Reaction score
I haven't driven ADS style for quite some time, having been concentrating on AMHA shows, but my grandma has been bugging me to put my young gelding to the big wood cart and since I've been looking for an excuse to drive a marathon… Anyway one thing led to another and I ended up taking NV next door to the HDT at Clay Station Horse Park.

He wasn't too bad in warm up, although he did spend a good bit of time trying to evade the bit. So, I spent the better part of a half-hour doing transitions and figure eights to encourage him to lift his shoulder and come through from behind. Whatever I did must have worked because this is what I ended up with. (Oh ya I need brown gloves, mine must have eloped with the water bucket
default_laugh.png
)

securedownload1.jpg

Cones and marathon both went smoothly; neither was very hard or long. We did go double clean on cones but I need to work on him jumping all the way through his canter instead of spending all his energy hopping up and down without any bend in his hocks. Unfortunately, he was foot sore by the end of the marathon as they had us going over gravel in several places. As such, I ended up with a few penalties for coming in a minute late (it would have been much more but he flew through the first part of the course so we had quite a bit of wiggle room).

Over all it was a really fun weekend and our 45.22 training level test ended up being the best dressage score of the day.
default_new_shocked.gif
default_biggrin.png
Any comments or suggestions for the turnout would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for letting me share,

Sarah

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Sarah, he looks REALLY nice and you have a very crisp turnout!
default_aktion033.gif
What a pleasure to see (and to hear from you again. It's been awhile!)

Leia

You both look awesome!!! Now, if only Princess and I could get to look like that.

Latest posts

Back