My Aerocrown is home

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drivin*me*buggy

Reaction score
Yesterday I made the drive to Driving Essentials to pick up my Aerocrown.We had to take the wheels and the seat off to fit it in my Jeep Patriot. My husband was awesome helping me put it together this morning. I used some of the shaft measurements from my Pequea cart to adjust my shafts to have a starting point on making further adjustments.

It is SO cute. I love it :)I had to try it and the ponies were whinnying at the gate. So, I took Wish out, tacked her up, adding a pony sized kicking strap instead of mini size and our trace carriers. Off we went. She can pull it beautifully and seemed so HAPPY! It even seemed easier for her downhill, which surprised me. I have a few adjustments to make...I may go one more hole shorter on my traces and have to adjust where I wrap my kicking strap a little further back on the shafts.

I thought I was going to want to angle my shafts in a little more- but after driving her- she seemed to like them and they didn't seem too wide afterall.

Thanks you all who offered answers to my endless questions about this cart. I am so happy I bought it and look forward to driving it a ton this summer. It is now going to be my everyday cart.

Angie
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
So glad you made the trip OK. And I must tell you I love this Hyperbike as much as you love your new cart.

Thanks again.

A friend of ours has an Aerocrown that I got to check out and sit in! It was the first time that Chad had seen a commercially made VSE vehicle, too, so he had to check out the construction. (He said I can't have one.
default_rolleyes.gif
And actually with the Kutzmann Feel X for the pair, we are enjoying driving the pair anyway.
default_biggrin.png
) I wish I got to drive the Aerocrown (it wasn't put to the horse) to check it out more. I bet it is a fun little vehicle!

Myrna

whooooo hooooo, I can't wait to see photos. I love mine, I noticed the same about going down hill, Ike has no problem with mine anywhere we go. So glad you got home safe and it fit in your car. Take care... welcome to the aerocrown club.

Thanks guys.. I should be able to get pix or some videos soon. I hope to drive again tomorrow and put it a little more to the test. It makes me smile :)I think Wish was smiling too.
default_wub.png

LAminiatures- I just made the connections
default_smile.png
LOL, She bought my hyperbike! You are going to have fun with it. I either need to sell one more cart or get my other barn finished so I have more storage room LOL

I felt bad for Buckers who watched us from the gate. He did get cookies for being a good audience.I am committed to getting him rehabbed to see if we can get him working again. He has been on the meds for a week now.

Angie

I have seen one of the areocrowns at Driving Essentials last year when we visited there. It is a great vehicle. They are so nice there. Can't wait to see pictures.

Chris

I am sure you will enjoy your Aerocrown every day! I absolutely LOVE mine. Used it in its first competition a couple of weeks ago, and it was stellar. Such a nice ride and so easy for Flirty to pull. I highly recommend this vehicle!

drivin*me*buggy said:
It even seemed easier for her downhill, which surprised me.
I think it's the shafts- it's easier to hold back the cart when the cart's center of gravity is lower and the holdbacks connect to something at an ergonomic angle instead of up high on the horse's sides.

People don't realize what a difference truly quality equipment makes until they try it! I'm sure I will feel that way when I get my first four-wheeler for the pair.

Leia

People don't realize what a difference truly quality equipment makes until they try it! I'm sure I will feel that way when I get my first four-wheeler for the pair.

Leia

You got that right Leia... I finally got it after shopping everywhere for a cart, I am so glad I made the leap and got a cart specifically designed for the type of driving I want to do. It really wasn't all about the price then, but choosing a truly quality cart well suited for me and my boy. I just can't get over how much more secure I feel in my new cart and my entry and exit is smooth and quick and balanced and I don't look like the little old gimpy lady getting in anymore. My boy drives so willing and he moves like a dream in this cart. My boy does not have ideal conformation and I do believe the draft and style and weight of this cart will help make up for his less than perfect driving conformation. My boy is a bit butt high and has rather short and straight legs, and he pulls this cart like he is going across the field with me floating along behind him. When we trot up or down hill or on the flat, everything is just so much easier for him than when we were pulling the heavy meadowbrook with me in it and it seemed to be pushing him down the hill with its weight or dragging uphill like a boat anchor. LOL

Adair

Last edited by a moderator:
Back