Muzzles

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MinisOutWest

Reaction score
My minis are eating everything they see, because of hormone levels this time of the year, wish I could tell them they are not hibernating. But this past 4 weeks , I have went thru 3 muzzles on each horse! that is 18 muzzles! and I am desperately needing 6 more as we speak. I have bought the ones from Supreme equine design and starlake tack and the Tough 1's off ebay. HELP. this is getting expensive. any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I just got two muzzles with halters attached from Horseloverz.com . It was called a nylon grazing muzzle and the sku was 5-274419. I got the pony size because my guys are large B sized minis, but they do offer a miniature size too for those A minis. It is VERY adjustable, throatlatch and over the head adjusts and it has a click type throatlatch closure and it is not a buckle on type halter. I love it so far. Only used it a little over a month but it is working well and doesn't seem to be suffering excessive wear or rubbing either. They were around 20 dollars a piece or therabouts, I think the mini size was less. Sometimes horseloverz offers free shipping. That offer clicks on and off so you can check back frequently if you want to get the cheapest price, however even with the shipping it was much cheaper than anything else I googled. The bottom is rubber and has a small jelly bean sized hole in the middle so my boy can poke a few hairs of grass into the hole and be enertained. good luck and best wishes.
default_saludando.gif
My kids were calling my boy "jelly jar" but with the muzzle he is starting to slim down now. PS, I also add cinnamon to the feed during the times of the year when he is getting fat on air. Helps with the sugars.

I bought my muzzles at Ozark Mtn. Tack at minitack.com. I bought the poll Kensington made with textilene. I have never had a problem, they dont' even have a snag after 2 years. And I have one overweight, houdini, that thinks he is starving to death. He has tried everything and it never tears or comes off. I learned I had to put it on tighter than I wanted to to keep it on. BUT, it never left a mark, or was too tight which I worried about.

Becky

KayJay Tack for Minis has two versions, halter muzzle and snap-to-halter version, made by the Amish that seems to be as durable as any that I have seen. Prices are great too! Don't forget to mention LB and get 10% discount.

Angela, I haven't found any that they can't tear up!
default_sad.png
I wish somebody would make one with a hard plastic bottom. That would help a lot!

KayJay Tack for Minis has two versions, halter muzzle and snap-to-halter version, made by the Amish that seems to be as durable as any that I have seen. Prices are great too! Don't forget to mention LB and get 10% discount.
Thanks for the tip on the KayJay muzzles. You are right, they are very reasonable. Everything else too. I was looking at the EE carts on the website too. maybe for Christmas. Need some help deciding on size. My boys are 36" plus. thanks, always nice to have new shopping sites to browse.

Thanks for the tip on the KayJay muzzles. You are right, they are very reasonable. Everything else too. I was looking at the EE carts on the website too. maybe for Christmas. Need some help deciding on size. My boys are 36" plus. thanks, always nice to have new shopping sites to browse.
36" boys would need the pony cart which has 26" wheels and 54" shafts.

Latest posts

Back