like or dislike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • dislike

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

heavensminis

Reaction score
Music at shows? Like or dislike?

Edited to say: Just on Performance day. Our show is Halter/Performance/Halter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Leeana

Reaction score
I like it, at the Ohio World they have a live Organ playing music during the classes, i think it is classy but the year i went it was just a bit loud.

I like music at the shows, at congress it was nice. Have not been to nationals but i think they play music there to ?

txminipinto

Reaction score
If it's nice music I enjoy it. If its sound effects (Halloween), it drives me nuts. The trick is to make it subtle in the background, not blareing over the PA system where I can't hear the person next to me! At Congress and nationals, I do love Mark's mix! I believe he even caught me dancing in one of the classes after I had been judged.

Russ

Reaction score
At our Iowa State Fair they have organ music for the driving classes....big and small horses seem to really enjoy the atmosphere as well as spectators. I think alot of what makes it so neat is our acoustics in our old huge round brick made indoor arena....it is a historical neat old building that any driver would enjoy performing in....wish you all could see it. I am so proud of our state fair arena...

Now this type of driving organ music isn't the ''church'' theme type....it's more like elevator music for lack of a better term....very modern and toe tapping. Sets the mood of driving classes...and IMHO very classy and appropriate for evening driving classes.

If you would have asked me this a couple years ago....I would have said yuck no music but if you give it a try and get a good organist and the right music to match driving classes it just clicks with the entire show.

MiniHunterHorseFan

Reaction score
At a christmas themed show at Corsicana, they had soft christmas music playing durning halter obstacle which was nice. I like the music during driving classes and halter obstacle, but probably wouldn't during hunter/jumper.

tagalong

Reaction score
When the organist resorts to endlessly playing Buttons & Bows and Thank Heaven For Little Girls for filly/mare classes... and Surrey With The Fringe On Top for driving classes - and Gawd Forbid - It's A Small World
at every opportunity - I can do without it. In a major way.

Good music - not too loud and used as background like Mark's - works!

Cathy_H

Reaction score
Yes & no .......... I do like upbeat music but with todays high prices on everything I would rather not have it because it might reduce show fees a bit if we weren't paying for music.

ruffian

Reaction score
Yes during the driving classes only. The rest of the time I like quiet. Like everybody else, only if it's got a good beat. Lots of horses seem to have rhythm and will trot to it. I really don't like it after classes or during lunch. Too much noise.

KAYO

Reaction score
Love having music, Nationals is the best!! My Aunt used to show AQHA, and she had a really, really good hunt seat horse. When they got to the BIG shows and there was organ music he would change leads all on his own!! He loved the music too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Keri

Reaction score
I like it alot. Our announcer plays country music during breaks and such. During the classes she doesn't so there is no confusion in announcing. Although, I don't see a problem as long as the music is more in the background so that its not overpowering like in liberty.