Mt. Airy sale

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orkie

Reaction score
Does anyone have prices/results from the Mt. Airy sale? What was the quality of horses like?

I was there for about 2/3 of the sale and most of the prices were very low. The lowest was a AMHA yearling stallion that went for $100. There were several that went for less than $200, some double registered! The highest priced was a double registered homozygous black pinto stallion that went for $5000. Many were less than $500, only a few over $800, and few no sales. There were several very nice, well bred horses that sold for next to nothing!

Bred mares averaged $350-800, with most of them about in the middle of this. One unregistered bred mare brought $275!
default_no.gif

I worry about these horses and the low prices. I feel bad for breeders also.

I am hoping with so many people not breeding in a couple of years things may turn around for people in the business.

default_wub.png

Bonnie

Just my opinion but I would not judge the health of the entire miniature horse industry on the prices at this sale. To me they do not reflect a true indicator of prices.

I thought the quality of horses there were very low. We took a trailer and were going to purchase a few bred mares. We did not leave with one horse. There were a few older mares that were said to be in foal that were pretty nice, but they sure did not look in foal to me! My guess is that is why they were at the sale.

I thought for the quality that they were, they went pretty good.

I did not raise my bidder number even one time.

There was nothing at that sale that i thought was really outstanding, even the horse that went for 5000. and the colt that went for 2000.00 were just not the quality i was looking for.

I left disapointed with an empty trailer.
default_no.gif

I didn't stay for the whole sale, what horse sold for $5000? I missed that as well as the $2000 colt.

Hey Julie,

You need to come to the Pa Greencastle Sale. They always have a nice group of quality horses there. I have never been disapointed. And I must say I'm a fuss button when it comes to buying horses.
default_laugh.png
default_saludando.gif

Lot # 41 sold for $5000. He was an A & R black pinto stallion by Lucky Four Apaches Starfleet. I left before all of the Heritage Farm horses were sold, but what I did see brought $225 for a pinto mare that he wasn't sure if he could get the papers for, to either $1550 or $1650 for an A & R black & white appy filly.

#26 (#23 in catalog) went for $675: #29 (#53 in catalog) went for $1550 or $1650; #30 (#63 in catalog) was a no sale at $375.

I was at the sale, too. Most of the horses I did not care for. There were several better quality ones, but most sold cheap. The one that went for $5000 I still do not know why??? Did not impress me in the least. But everyone has their own likes and dislikes . . .

This sale has not had high prices in the last 3 years I have been. ???
default_no.gif
But I still go
default_rolleyes.gif
default_smile.png

Kawgirl,

Thank you for the prices. It is appreciated.

We purchased a buckskin leopard appaloosa mare (Pepper) at this auction a few years ago.

Pepper has given us three beautiful fillies. She has even been shown in 4-H. She is a great little mare.
default_smile.png

Back