Mr. G.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacki Loomis

Reaction score
The pensioned show gelding, Mr. G., passed away at his home, Loomis Farm, Lincoln, NE on Saturday at the age of 25. Mr. G was a multiple National Grand Champion and Champion having won championships at AMHR Nationals in Roadster, Pleasure, Halter, Versatility, Obstacle Driving, Obstacle in Hand, Hunter and Jumper. His final National Championship came in 2008 in the Roadster Division at the age of 23.

Mr. G. showed for and was loved by many people during his career including Jerry & Beverly Ayer, Silver Meadow Training Center, Dwain Myers, Jo Stork, the Bassett family and the Loomis family. We extend our deepest sympathy to them all.

He gifted many of us with thrilling wins and he will live in our memory forever, Drive on Mr. G.!!

Jacki Loomis

[email protected]

OH MY. Bless his heart. What an amazing history. Rest In Peace Mr. G.
default_wub.png

It sounds like Mr G was one in a million! {{{{Hugs}}}} to all who knew and loved him. I'm so sorry for your loss!
default_sad.png

Thank you for the kind expressions of sympathy. I've posted one of my favorite photos of Mr. G. to the gallery. It is of Mr. G. and one of our daughters, Timber, on their Pleasure Driving Stake victory pass at the Iowa State Fair. This photo was taken in 2007, Mr. G. was 22 at the time.

Jacki Loomis

[email protected]

Awwwww.... Mr. G was one of my all-time favorite geldings. I saw him a couple times at Nationals in Roadster. So sorry for the loss...

Andrea

I was in the grandstand at the nationals for many years (dating back to the Nationals in MO) watching him win his many championships. He was one in a million and what a wonderful life he lived. My deepest sympathy to all who knew and loved him.

My kind of horse!! I wish I had known him. My condolences to all who did know and love him.

It sounds like he was a truly grand gentleman!! And was loved by so many! My condolences to all who are missing him.

Guys I am sorry to read this. What a show career he had and was enjoyed by so many. Makes me sad to read this, but brings back some fun memories of years gone by. Thinking of you! Lavonne

My sympathy goes out to the Loomis, Vogel, Basset, Myers and Stork families on the loss of Mr. G. He truly was one in a million and I know that those of us who had the honor and priviledge of seeing him show will never forget what an incredible little horse he was!

Lewella, Wyatt, Abby & Kyla Tembreull

I am so sorry for your loss and to all who have known him. It sounds like he was a very special little horse.

The pensioned show gelding, Mr. G., passed away at his home, Loomis Farm, Lincoln, NE on Saturday at the age of 25. Mr. G was a multiple National Grand Champion and Champion having won championships at AMHR Nationals in Roadster, Pleasure, Halter, Versatility, Obstacle Driving, Obstacle in Hand, Hunter and Jumper. His final National Championship came in 2008 in the Roadster Division at the age of 23.

Mr. G. showed for and was loved by many people during his career including Jerry & Beverly Ayer, Silver Meadow Training Center, Dwain Myers, Jo Stork, the Bassett family and the Loomis family. We extend our deepest sympathy to them all.

He gifted many of us with thrilling wins and he will live in our memory forever, Drive on Mr. G.!!

Jacki Loomis

[email protected]
Jackie, Ed and family,

I'm so sorry to hear of Mr G's passing. I'm glad we were able to meet him while at your house, he was so awesome, even at 25! I'm sure he'll be greatly missed by many. I'm sorry I never got to see him perform, I'm sure he was amazing.

We're thinking of you and your family, so sorry for all of you-losing a best friend and member of your family is so difficult.

Becky, Don and Chloe

Last edited by a moderator:
Back