mosquito spray

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HorseyGurl22

Reaction score
The mosquitoes are horrible around here (I live in Florida, we get late fall/winter seasons)

While I was out working my horses I had to stop early because the little devils were buzzing in my ears and biting me to no end. They just swarm out of nowhere as soon as the sun starts to set.

I have bronco fly spray, but it doesn't say anything about repelling mosquitoes. Does anyone have a good recipe for mosquito spray? Is it safe to use a human repellant like OFF! on a horse?

I use Muskol; it seems to work the best & last the longest, and it sprays in a nice fine mist, so you get better coverage with less spray--best value for my money I have found. I personally find Muskol VILE, but it works so I use it. Back in the summer when mosquitoes were so bad here I was spraying all the horses every evening. A few of the horses hate the stuff & want no part of me when I go to spray them. Some, though, hear the spray can & come running, pushing in to stand right beside me, waiting for their turn to be sprayed.

Latest posts

Back