Morning,...*yawn*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hard to tell from the photo's. But the bag does not look full enough. Now I know why I had no email in the last while! Talk soon Michelle

ok,...question,....maybe I read it wrong somewhere,...but,..

Isnt it possible for a mare to foal,..and get her milk in later?
default_wacko.png
: *fingers crossed*

A MONTH??????? :new_shocked: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
default_pray.gif
:
default_please.gif
:
default_crybaby.gif
:
default_wacko.png
:

The angle could have been an issue, but the teats seem to point in toward one another, that and the loose-ish skin around the area...she's got a way to go in that department (unless she waits until she foals to let her milk down)....yep it could sure be as long as a month!!

Well I wouldn't go by the way her bag is..........since you have no clue how it was in the past.

The fact that she has cow patty poop tips me off that she's ready to go soon.

If she doesn't foal in the next couple of days but continues to have cow patty poop, then something else is wrong and I would have the vet out. Cow patties for an extended period of time is not a good thing.

Welcome to mare stare Terri...........LOL.........every 15 minute checks are pretty common for most of us to do for a month or more at a time. :bgrin
default_wacko.png
:

I agree with charmed minis in that I wouldnt go by the udders alone. Raven`s udders were not particularly huge this time although they usually are, but she had Diarrhea (which she gets whenever she has hormonal changes of any kind) for almost a week. The slime you mentioned I think would also be a good indicator that she is very close. FFFoxy, you need to calm down girl
default_yes.gif
: You are worrying about all that could go wrong and it probably wont, that will make you more tired lol sleep when you can, even get a friend over to watch for a couple of hours who can call you if need be. You`re doing great!!!
default_smile.png
:aktion033:

Well, I recall it wasn't very many days ago that you posted your concerns about how Foxy looked "different" & it sounded from your description that she had just "dropped" then. You do know that many mares drop a full month before they actually foal?

The bag definitely doesn't look full enough yet for her to be anywhere near foaling. It's true that the bag size isn't necessarily any indication, but still....that's really nothing much of a bag. It does look like she's starting a bag--don't know how she looked before, but if you can now see something by looking, & before you couldn't it does sound like there's some change.

Vulva looks a bit elongated, but again we don't know what's normal. I have a mare that looks like that all of the time--if I put up a photo here you all would say she was going to pop any minute.

Cow pie poo isn't a great indicator, either, in my books. I've had mares foal without ever getting the loose poo first, and I had one mare that I was sure was going to foal because she did have loose poo. It turned out she had something else wrong & didn't foal for 2 more weeks after we got her system back in order. And I have mares now that will have a loose pile now & then, probably because there's some clover or something in some of the hay...

I'd say you have a bit of a problem if she were to have problems now & no money left for the vet. Let's hope there won't be any need for a vet call, cuz that camera isn't going to help reposition the foal if it comes wrong.

But yep, my guess would be you've got at least 2 weeks to go, possibly 3...though a mare can bag up in 3 days too, so all you can do is keep watching!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say you have a bit of a problem if she were to have problems now & no money left for the vet. Let's hope there won't be any need for a vet call, cuz that camera isn't going to help reposition the foal if it comes wrong.
OK,...As for the CAMERA,......I had no idea ,....that she was THIS close :new_shocked: ,......Dont worry,....The money will be there if it is needed
default_smile.png
,....We do have good credit,.....I just wanted it to be my OWN money to fully care for her,..not my husbands or borrowed funds.

I noticed on my other post from before that you were quite snappy with me,......I dont think I know you personally ,..and If you have a problem with me,..would you kindly let me know what it is?
default_unsure.png
:

Nobody snaps at someone they dont know,..without a reason.
default_wacko.png
:

Sorry if you think I seem snappy, I'm not, actually. Just stating the obvious. Sometimes advice you think is well given, isn't the best for every situation. I see you getting talked into things you can't really afford, and priorities get placed wrong. Shrugs. I don't have a camera, just lots of watching, & I've caught most of my foals. Have lost less, too, than some with cameras. Different strokes for different folks, you should keep that in mind.

Hey FFFOXYGAL,

Well I'm still right there with you. Still no baby here. She was very restless last night and still really pooping, and peaing alot ! Just got in from work and have her in sight on the camera. My beeper went off several times today, which means she is laying down alot.

But I have to say, her bag is soooooooooo much bigger then your mares. It very well may be the angle you had, but remember there are lots of mares whos milk does not come in before they foal.

Just keep an eye on her. You never know !

I sure can relate to those sleepness nights. :new_shocked:

Watch the little stinker not have it till this weekend. I have prom girls to fix up on sat. but Erica will be home, so I guess that will be good.
default_yes.gif
:

Good Luck,

Linda Killion

Here are some photos of my Arab mare's udder for comparison. She is 346 days today. Her udder is firm and very warm but she usually gets a tad bigger and waxes before she foals however, I never rely on that. She is under camera 24/7.

MistyUdderRtSide.jpg

Rt. Side

MistyUdderLtSide.jpg

Lt Side

MistyUdderLtSide2.jpg

Lt Side

MistyUdderBack.jpg

Viewed from the back

You can see from the back photo that her teats are just beginning their trek to point outward. Hope this helps to see that they do get much bigger. :bgrin

.......and I`m still here to FFFoxy
default_yes.gif
: There was me thinking earlier that I would have a good nights sleep tonight just checking Amy (my little grulla appy maiden) every 2hrs, then went out for a manual check which I do about 1ish, and her udders are really hot and her tummy is much more V than it was a couple of hours ago, so although she doesnt have ALL the signs, she could still foal so here I am!! How are you doing??

OK,..No Problem Annetta
default_smile.png
,..everyone has their own way of doing things,..I DO agree,.....but,....I also like the idea of staying warm and dry to watch Foxy,..vs. ,...getting cold and wet,..Our snow is melting,..Ice and puddles EVERYWHERE.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Thank you so very much CAM,...I took my pic and put it beside your pic,..and finally,..I can see,......I agree,..it could be a while yet,...Oh well,....I get to use my new camera then,..wont I? LOL

Linda K,....your mare sounds a lot closer then mine,..LOL,.....Mine did EVERYTHING oppisite to what I had posted that she was like earlier,......Small balls of poo,..not cowplop no more,.....She wasnt bouncy or nothing,..and I completely groomed her,...and she LOVED it!!!,..much different from last night!
default_wacko.png
:

WOW,..slaneyrose,.....I am still here,...BARELY,..LOL,......sounds like your mare is gonna go soon too,....I will be the only one left,...WAAAAAA!!!!!
default_crybaby.gif
: :lol:

I was really hoping for a holiday baby,..you know,..like April fools or somthing,..Cant remember what other holidays are after that,...*either old age or fatigue!*

Good luck to you and LindaK on gorgeous,healthy babies. :saludando:

Don't worry, I'm still here too
default_wacko.png
:

Ruby isn't doing anything new tonight..........just chowing down.

And Terri.......... my mare is at 325 days today and has about 1/4 of the bag that Foxy does.

Seriously Ruby doesn't even have a bag, it's what I'm calling a "poof". I'm not counting on her bag, she didn't bag last time, she got her milk when she foaled.

Hang in there!!!!
default_wink.png
: I know it gets frustrating.........I am about to go crazy watching one of my mares, I have been watching her since Feb...........
default_wacko.png
: Here I have been watching her longer than the two mares I have foals out of already.........and she is still holding out!!!!

I bought her bred, and I actually have no clue other than when the previous owner says she was turned out......She is HUGE, have seen the foal kicking, she has a bag, but not completely filled in yet........Holding her tail up..... almost all the signs..........
default_unsure.png
:

Hi CharmedMinis :saludando:

Foxy is doing at lot of CHOWING down too,.....

I give her 2 pitchfork fulls of hay,..and 2 hours later,..It is ALL gone,.....There is a little bit of green here and there mixed in the straw,...but,..unless she has a secret door in her walls somewhere?????

My question is WHERE does she put it??? LOL
default_wacko.png
: :lol:

Terri,

Here are a couple of "graphic" shots of my mare. These were taken 2 weeks ago and she foaled yesterday morning.

(don't mind the green tint please
default_unsure.png
: ) yikes! a little big too! Nothing like getting close and personal :new_shocked:

angelprivates.jpg

angeludder.jpg

This is my other mare that foaled this morning. This was taken of her belly last night. You can see how much she has stored up in front of her udder.

bellebelly.jpg

This is her 2 weeks ago, prior to a belly clip

bellepg06.jpg

Her tummy was very V shaped way back then wasnt it Minimule??? Well Amy is due in 2 weeks 15th April so maybe I have a while to go yet?? Hmm

Thanks for the pics,.....

Yup!!!,...I say I have a while to go ,..I guess!!!!
default_wacko.png
:
default_yes.gif
:

Well,....on the good side of things,......I will be able to use my camera,..and MAYBE,..just MAYBE,.....have my fence up and running!!!

YAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

Here's another curve......

In this photo, the mare is at about 280

grace206.jpg

This one she is at 310

gracepg06.jpg

This is her 2nd foal and she has carried both of them low. I can get photos of her udder today after I shave her belly.

Latest posts

Back