Morning,...*yawn*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok,...question,....maybe I read it wrong somewhere,...but,..

Isnt it possible for a mare to foal,..and get her milk in later?
default_wacko.png
: *fingers crossed*

A MONTH??????? :new_shocked: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
default_pray.gif
:
default_please.gif
:
default_crybaby.gif
:
default_wacko.png
:
I have had three mares go with udders about as big as your mare's. I have yet to see a big full bag on any of my girls....it seems like we get the full udder with the teats pointing out AFTER junior arrives and just before he/she nurses.

Here, Intrepid's bag is starting (due date is May 7th) but it is LOPSIDED. She stall walks and urinates and defecates in small amounts and has since the day she arrived here... yet is not looking ready to me - I think she is just trying to make me crazy. She is doing the frequent poop and pee thing due to pressure, I am sure. Doc will be out next week to check her for me. Baby is kicking so hard he/she almost makes Intrepid lose her footing!

The vulva on your mare looked loose to me in the picture but hard to gauge without a "before" and "after" picture.

How about using a Predict-A-Foal kit? You test the milk and it can give you a window - but you still cannot trust those mares as some can change so rapidly your head will spin. One farm I worked at had a mare that looked ready to me and not ready to her owner, who had foaled her out before and her bag was not full, nor was she dripping. Her milk was not thick and sticky - only slightly opaque but it changed the squares lickety-split and she foaled 2 hours later.

Good luck... can't wait to read the good news. Enjoy your coffee - you are going to be needing it!

Denise

Silversong Farm

Baby is kicking so hard he/she almost makes Intrepid lose her footing!
LOL,..yup,..I know what you mean,..a couple of times I have witnessed that! :bgrin

I am still checking on her,...I also read on the net in many foaling pages,....(Yes,..I am reading up faithfully,.and getting more scared in the process
default_unsure.png
: )

Anyway,..I have read a FEW times,..that mares can give birth then get their milk in after.I just dont know how rare that is .
default_wacko.png
:

Thanks,,...But,..Gotta send Fred for some more coffee tonight,....We only have enough for about 4 cups left,.....Just got the bottle last week,..LOL
default_wacko.png
:

Minimule,....I think Foxy is shaped more like your mare on the bottom,....cant tell for sure,.....Our driveway is ALMOST ice free,....sooo,...should be able to take her out soon,......It has been about 4 days since she has been out,....I was scared of her slipping on the ice and falling,..I will try to get some good LIGHTED pics in the out doors,....Hopefully tomorrow,.The driveway will be EMPTY of ice,..then it will just be water puddles,..but,..that is not dangerous to my fat little butterball!,....
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back