More sad news, mare aborted too

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NC Roses

Reaction score
I hated to hear the news of all who have had mares abort their foals recently. Sad to say, 2 days ago our Dippers Duffy daughter aborted a beautiful black colt, he had one blue eye. He was 7 to 8 weeks early. Was found during morning feeding, still in sack, cord twisted around his head. Mare is just fine. His sire is the boy in our avatar pic. This was to be his first born.
default_no.gif
We are so bummed. I hope for better luck this foaling season, for all who have had a loss. Sarah, Rosedown Farm

angel baby pic 1

angel baby 2

Sarah,

sooooo sorry for your loss. BIG HUGS.

i've been thru this twice last year and i'm holding my breath for this year.

again, i'm trully sorry to you and others who have gone thru this recently.

That is so sad.........and am so sad for you.
default_sad.png

Thank you all for your thoughtful words. Mom and I have bred arabians for 17 years and never lost a foal. We are not used to this at all and it was not expected. Especially such a tiny baby. We are expecting 4 more babies, so hoping for good news next.

I am so sorry for your devastating loss! He was such a beauty!!! I am so sad for you!!

~Tammy

Fourtunately, Art and I decided last year we were not going to breed for a foal this year. Too much going on in our lives and the added stress of something like this happening. We are so very sorry for yours and your mares loss. {{{{{HUGS}}}}} I have read about foals posted they have lost already so early in the season...
default_no.gif
Best of luck to those who are still in waiting!
default_wub.png
Theresa

I'm so sorry for the loss of that beautiful colt.
default_no.gif
I'm sure every foal you get from your Dippers Duffy daughter is so special - a real piece of history. And your stallion (I believe) is the first Spirit get to be reproducing already. I would have liked to see that little foal as I'm sure he would have been beautiful.

Again, so sorry.

(((HUGS))) To you.

Loosing these precious little lives really takes it toll on us. I just lost one last weekend (aborted) 7 weeks early. I also feel your sadness but we can be thankful that are mares are okay and lets just hope that the foals to come will arrive safe and healthy.

Latest posts

Back