Molly

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonny

past member - Someone just shoot me!
Reaction score
Hey yall,

How can you tell how big your babies will get?

Molly is now 25 inches at the wither at almost 8 weeks old.
default_wub.png

12-09083pm026.jpg

Awwwwww...how precious
default_wub.png
I have always been told that donkeys will grow anywhere from 9 to 12"s from there birth height, and it seems to follow that "rule" whenever we have a donkey foal born. Do you know what her birth height was?

Wow she is adorable!!!!!

That is a great question. I will check back for answers cause I am curious about my baby's estimated height also.

Thanks Yall. I was told she will make 32-34 inches. I am not sure what the formula is but thats the answer....I guess.lol

There really isnt a "formula" to measure a donkeys height, like there is for a horse, since donkeys can be born up to 3/4 of there mature height. All the "old timers" I have talked to in the donkey world and asked the same questin..all seem to agree , just take the birth height and add on anywhere from 9 to 12"s and that is there mature height. I know it dont give you more of a exact mature height, but I guess with our lovable longears..nothing is ever like "according to the books" with them. How tall was Molly when she was born?

Is that the same for mules as donkeys? Molly was about 18-19 at Birth. She is 25 now at 8 weeks.

Corrine's right. You can't "figure" how tall a mule be. I've had 7 born here now.

Jester was a huge baby, 24" and still folded up. He matured at 38" at the withers. Maestro was a tiny little skinny thing probaby about 18"-20" and he is 35.5". Sunny was probably 20"-22" and she is 36". Wylie was only about 16" and matured at 31". Feisty was a full sister to Jester but was only 21" at birth. As a yearling she was 33" tall. The only other one I can track is Pepper, this year's boy. He was the smallest of all, maybe 15" tall at birth and at 7 months isn't quite 24" tall. He lives with a friend now (darn it!!!!) so I can see him and watch him mature.

You just have to go with the flow on these longear kids.
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back