Missing Miniature Show Horse

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdegner

Reaction score
Hi all:

Just received an email regarding a trained miniature show horse who was loaned out to

children (free of charge) to learn about exhibiting horses, horse care, good sportsmanship and responsibility. He is a gentle

miniature show horse and he is trained in driving. Platt was on LOAN to a North Dakota family who state that he was gone

when they returned home from Grand Forks, ND.

There is a very recent picture (a PDF) taken on July 29, 2010 at the North Dakota State Fair in Minot, ND that was sent with the email but I don't know how to copy to the forum. He is a 9 year old 32" gelding, white to light gray in color with dapples, mane and tail slightly darker. If someone could post the picture, I will forward the email.

If you have ANY information or knowledge to his whereabouts PLEASE call the Grand Forks County Sheriff's Dept at 701-780-8280 or Adam Longman at 651-235-9292

Thanks, Mary

Last edited by a moderator:
BUMP!!!

This is a very important topic-everyone please try to keep it at the top so we can get the word out. I also have a picture with the info and would love to send it to you if you'd like. I am working on getting it onto here, but it is a pdf Adobe photoshop file and I'm having a little difficulty (I have just put it into a word document form for those that don't have adobe).

Gelding's name is Nostalgia's Platinum Note (Platt). There is a reward being offered for any tips that lead to the horse and prosecution and/or conviction of responsible parties.

[email protected]

Make sure Netposse.com is notified too.

You are going to have to put the photo online somewhere so it has a "url" address for people to link to.

Do you have a photobucket membership/acct.? They allow you sign up for free.

Have already tried putting it onto photobucket and on my website. It was sent to me as an adobe photoshop file and is not just a picture, it's a whole document with picture and info on it. I cannot get the pic alone and it will not allow me to save it as jpg so my website and photobucket won't upload it. I am not sure if the owner has posted on netposse.com or not, I will try to get in touch to find out.

It only takes a minute to send a quick e-mail to me to get it though.

Still haven't received any e-mails from people wanting to see the picture and info. Hoping that means people have already received it.

For those that read this that have NOT received the info, send me an e-mail, I'll send you the document with the pic and info, and then you can send it to all of your friends. A couple of minutes of your time very well spent. What if it was YOUR horse

[email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
I pray he's found and gets home to his owner. I'd be scared out of my mind!

I can't open .pdf files
default_sad.png

Hi

See if you can copy the photo by right clicking on it,(save photo as) or simply copying it. Move it to Paint (In accessories on your computer) then "save as" jpg., in a documents file. You should be able to get jpg photo for viewing that way by then uploading to photobucket, then to here.

Good luck!

I did look at putting the information on NetPosse but it requires an incident number and other law enforcement info which I don't have access to. Hopefully the owner followed up on that. Thanks everyone for getting the word out!

I did look at putting the information on NetPosse but it requires an incident number and other law enforcement info which I don't have access to. Hopefully the owner followed up on that. Thanks everyone for getting the word out!
A PDF file can be opened in Photoshop or Photoshop Elements. Then the picture might be able to be copied alone.

I'd be happy to try if you'd like to send it to me. Just send me a PM.

We now have a jpeg file of the missing horse, so hopefully Amanda will be able to get it posted soon. The horse is still missing but was featured on one of the local TV stations this morning so, there is some attention being paid.

Just got on here and have received a jpeg picture to post, YAY!!

It is not a large picture, I apologize, but it is the best that everyone has at the moment. The picture was taken at the North Dakota Fair in Minot July 29th so it is recent

missingminiagain.jpg

Bump. . .

Still nothing new on this missing horse. We did post a picture last night and I know Adam Longman would greatly appreciate everyone keeping their eyes open and good thoughts flowing!

Again, I have PDF file regarding this horse--which has been posted around the eastern ND area--and if anyone would be willing to forward it to their local sales/auction barns, vets, etc, just email me at [email protected].

Thanks for your help. Mary

Has anybody heard anything on this situation recently? Frankly the whole thing has me a bit worried as this happened just 15 or so miles from me. I would be devastated if one of my geldings came up missing and am hoping and praying Platt returns.

Latest posts

Back