Does anyone know a miniature horse trainer in nearby Tulsa, OK

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockinSMiniature

Reaction score
Hi All,

I would love to see if you know or knew a horse trainer (miniature) that is very near by us.

We live in Catoosa, OK - as which our address is in Tulsa, OK.

I am about 2 hours north of OKC and I would love to see if anyone is much closer to me.

I would love to watch, learn and teach me to how driving a miniature.

Which I never rode in one before but knowing it will be safe to learn to drive before I hitch our miniatures for driving and would love to train our miniatures for driving.

It is only for my pleasure - not for showing.

You're very welcome to send me email - [email protected]

God Bless!

Or let me know which one is better and show more video of training for driving cart and etc.

That will help alot for more pictures and more understanding.

Thanks!

God Bless!

We had really good luck with Lisa Barnes for the laast two years. She took a completely un-trained 6 year old mare and turned her into a dynamite pleasure driving mare that we sold to a lady in Oregon ( I think). I would not hesitate to use her again. She was gentle and worked with this mare till she gained her trust, then went from there. If you want to email me at [email protected], I will be glad to give you her contact information. She is down around Dallas though.
default_saludando.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be a little bit of a drive, but Parnell Training Stables, in Newport, AR, might be a good one to consider. They did an awesome job training Destiny for us and driving him to a Reserve National Grand Championship. They have trained many National Champion and National Grand Champion driving horses
default_yes.gif
:yes
default_yes.gif

[SIZE=12pt]Parnell Training Stables[/SIZE] <--- link

Last edited by a moderator:
She may be a little out of your way butr Pat Elder is awesome with driving and she loves to have folks come and learn about proper training. She is in the OKC area and worked with Snotty Scotty for several months.

I second Pat Elder, she does all my driving horses and she is tuning up my 5th for me right now. She is great to work with, loves for you to come spend time with her and learn to drive. If your horse is in training with her she does give some lessons along with the training.

She is the only one I'll let work with my driving horses anymore. I had used several driving trainers before I found Pat and I was not entirely happy with any of them or their methods.

It does not hurt any that she is only 4 miles from my house but she would still have my horses if she lived 8 hours away. The horses are always happy, healthy and wanting to do their jobs. She takes her time and helps the horse work through any issues it might have--not trying to force her will on them.

Latest posts

Back