Missing items - It's driving me crazy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AppyLover2

Reaction score
About 6 weeks ago I noticed one of my large kitchen knives was missing. It was one of a set that sits on the kitchen cabinet in a wooden knife block. Only used occasionally but always right there within easy reach. I looked in the usual places....no knife. Had had guests in for a week so so I asked them if they remembered doing anything with it. No. Ok.... so there's still a missing knife. Then earlier this week I noticed that 2 of my juice glasses are missing/gone/misplaced, whatever. I've looked all the usual places for them, wrong cabinets, drawers, living room end tables, dishwasher, refrigerator, etc. Still 2 missing glasses in addition to the knife.

I live alone so can't blame anyone else and I keep telling myself that just because Dad had Alzheimers and I'm evidently losing things doesn't mean anything.....
default_unsure.png
This is not only driving me crazy but now I'm beginning to be concerned.

default_sad.png
I have forgotten all of my grandkids birthdays in the last month and forgot my granddaughters name the other day and for the life of me could not remember it and had to go look in my book...duh. I think it is my medicines causing it...what were we talking about?
default_wacko.png

Donna, do you have an attic or basement you don't go in much? Did you see the story on the news about the man that was living in someones attic and taking their stuff? Scary! Hope you find your things!
default_smile.png

My mom gave my son a piece of cheese for a snack,later dad was looking for it and could'nt find it. Mom thought maybe my son,whose 2,might have done something with it. She found it in the cabinet,where she put it
default_laugh.png
default_wacko.png
. I told her 2 yr. olds can do that to you. I think we get hurried and do silly things. Sorry mom if you're reading this lol,she's not a member but reads it
default_smile.png

About 6 weeks ago I noticed one of my large kitchen knives was missing. It was one of a set that sits on the kitchen cabinet in a wooden knife block. Only used occasionally but always right there within easy reach. I looked in the usual places....no knife. Had had guests in for a week so so I asked them if they remembered doing anything with it. No. Ok.... so there's still a missing knife. Then earlier this week I noticed that 2 of my juice glasses are missing/gone/misplaced, whatever. I've looked all the usual places for them, wrong cabinets, drawers, living room end tables, dishwasher, refrigerator, etc. Still 2 missing glasses in addition to the knife.
I live alone so can't blame anyone else and I keep telling myself that just because Dad had Alzheimers and I'm evidently losing things doesn't mean anything.....
default_unsure.png
This is not only driving me crazy but now I'm beginning to be concerned.
Welcome to my world.

I just go with the flow.

Don't drive yourself too crazy.......Hopefully the things will be sort of like socks vanishing in the laundry.
default_wacko.png

The older we get, the more we think about those kinda things. My Mama's mind was crystal clear until the days before she passed. Her Mama had old times and she was so worried she would be the next in line, but it never happened. I forget stuff all the time but mainly due to a accident when I was younger. When my daughter was still at home she would sneak on my computer and she would lie about it! One time she had me convinced that I was losing my mind and when she saw how upset I was the next week over it she broke down and told me the truth!

I chased her around the house and was going to beat the holy jingle bells out of her!
default_wub.png

Both kids and hubby have all tried it since but I just raise my fist and they all back down
default_laugh.png

Things have been going missing around us for years. It's always either silverware or something that I need. And months or even years might go by and then bam, the item will be found sitting in plain sight where it doesn't go. It is very strange! We always say the ghost took it.

default_laugh.png

Pack Rats! Once they stole all the silverware at our lake lot. Seriously, my memory really gets me upset and embarresses me because I am afraid people will think I don't care just because I can't remember..birth dates..thier ages..heck I can't evern remember my own age. And, its the things I put somewhere so I will know where to find them that I forget where that was!

You are so not alone.

Things have been going missing around us for years. It's always either silverware or something that I need. And months or even years might go by and then bam, the item will be found sitting in plain sight where it doesn't go. It is very strange! We always say the ghost took it.
default_laugh.png

Robin, you reminded me of a friend who shared something with me a few years ago....... She had moved into a house where the previous owner had died......a man. She told me how tools would go missing and she started feeling that she wasn't alone.

So, she went with the flow.....and started talking to the fellow she felt. It got to a point when she was missing something, she'd ask him to help her and the item would appear in a matter of minutes! Freaked her out at first, but by the time she moved, she was chuckling about it.

You just never know......
default_wink.png

:DOH! That's an idea Miniv. A lady died in this house, and it is all kitchen items that are missing. Maybe she just needs a few things to furnish her new place.

I wasn't joking. I'm not losing those things. Nither is hubby. My room has ONLY a bed in it. Not even clothes in the closet. The stuffed animal I sleep with vanished for a year and then there it was again. Off my bed. Now where to be found. Then back again a year later.

Whoever this is has a "thing" for spoons! Out of 12 we are down to 2!

Yup, our house is very old and I've smelled perfume and heard a skirt swish upstairs.

around here it is spoons...we have a terrible time keeping track of the spoons. I really don't know where they all disappear to but there aren't many left in the drawer...

When I misplace something I try to remember when I last had the item, where I was at the time, what I was doing...it actually works quite well, because once I replay my actions, aha, there's the missing thing, right where I left it.
default_laugh.png

If you've looked in all the usual and likely places, now look in the unlikely, impossible ones. Check the freezer?
default_unsure.png

It could be a ghost...

I'm missing a dinner plate and I haven't a clue as to where it went. I have been looking for it for months now. We only eat at the dinette table and then all dishes are back to the kitchen.

I asked hubby if he broke it and he said nope, that he would have told me. It was a part of my favorite set.

As for the knife... I am always loosing long knives and long kettle spoons and found that some how they get pushed to the back of the drawer and fall over and down the back of the cabinet.

Donna, you might want to check behind the drawers in the kitchen. I have found lots of goodies back there.

Joyce

I would be freaked out if a large knife went "missing" that is kinda scary.

My mom has or i should say had a small statue of 2 bears and one Christmas about 2 years ago she put in my room (i was not living at home at time) to make room for her giant Santa. We have not be able to find it to this day I i stayed over on Christmas eve and i know it was my bed room!

I wasn't joking. I'm not losing those things. Nither is hubby. My room has ONLY a bed in it. Not even clothes in the closet. The stuffed animal I sleep with vanished for a year and then there it was again. Off my bed. Now where to be found. Then back again a year later.
Whoever this is has a "thing" for spoons! Out of 12 we are down to 2!

Yup, our house is very old and I've smelled perfume and heard a skirt swish upstairs.
Spoons are shiny and you can see yourself in them, maybe the person really just likes their refection rather then the spoon itself?
default_wink.png
any other reflective things go missing?

I was missing things here lately and Tinker the Stinker has a hiding place under our bed up in the very corner. He doesn't chew on anything but I guess it is his little den? Bad Puppy.
default_rolleyes.gif

Wow! This is kinda freaking me out! LOL! Someone passed away in our home too and were always missing spoons! There as to be a connection!
default_whistling.gif
LOL! It's nuts because I just had to go out and buy new silverwear just because we had no spoons! How goofy!
default_laugh.png
Kind cool to know I'm not the only spoon looser out there! LOL! They could be going in the garbage by accident when we eat pudding or jello cups though.

A few days after Thanksgiving in 2007, a car of older people stopped in. Turned out they came to see the house on their way home from a trip. BECAUSE he was born in this house! The FIRST thing he said to me was "Are there any ghosts?" He would not tell me why he asked that. This house has a peaceful feeling so no harm if they is. (except my missing silverware, photo paper and a year without Boo Boo kitty) They had moved when he was a kid. He later mailed me photos of him, his family standing in front of the house. Same porch posts!

The house is about 100 years old. I just thought is was strange that I come out of the house and the first thing an elderly man asks me is about ghosts! LOL

No questions really. Just venting my frustration and concerns. Sure nice to know I'm not the only one who can't keep track of things....but I really wouldn't wish it on anyone. As far as ghosts are concerned, I don't have any personal experience, but certainly would never deny the possibility of their existence.

Back