miss maggie mae

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are such a doll to consider an elderly rescue! We of course can't replace our furry family members BUT we can sure distract ourselves a little from our grief.

no, we can't replace our pets but we can sure bring a little joy into a sad situation. not only can i distract myself just a little but i'm doing this also for simon and ashley. simon won't know what to do with two girlfriends! i can't wait to see how they interact.

here is her listing on petfinder...

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaype...?petid=14095526

soon, it will say "presley has been adopted!"
default_smile.png

Oh no. I am very sorry. And you did do all you can. I hope that helps the pain a little. Again I am sorry Charlene.

default_no.gif
I'm so sorry for your loss. I know she's with Gary and the rest of the loved ones. But I know you'll miss her like crazy. She was such a beautiful girl. May you find comfort in the days ahead.

God bless,

Joan

Oh Charlene,

Presley is beautiful - how could her previous owner just leave her with a bag of dog food? It just makes me sad to think there are people like that.

She will have a wonderful home with you!!

i can't imagine it either! she'll get just the opposite here, lots of love and attention and wide open spaces. her foster mom told me that sometimes, she'll get a burst of energy and want to play and i think once she's settled in here, she'll be so happy, that might happen lots more.
default_smile.png

the dane train will be chugging it's way across missouri to illinois and presley will arrive at the farm some time sunday afternoon. we're all ready with her very own mattress, a new colorful collar and leash, another food bowl in the kitchen. i'm so looking forward to welcoming this girl into my heart and home!

maggie's ashes were returned to me yesterday. i cleaned out the ceramic corgi cookie jar that held her favorite treats and that is where i have laid her to rest. i did leave a couple of cookies in there for her. i will open the little box containing her remains and scoop out just a tiny bit to take to the cemetery and sprinkle over gary's grave site. it will be closure for me. i miss her so much but i know she's happy where she is and i'm sure gary's glad to have her warming his lap.
default_smile.png

"Presley has been adopted." Yep that's what it says. Bless your heart Charlene for giving this girl better years ahead.
default_cheekkiss.gif

i think she'll be a perfect fit for our lifestyle. i was looking at one of the younger danes in rescue but in fairness to simon, i decided presley would work out better since i am sure she is pretty laid back. it really wouldn't have been fair to a young dog either, to bring him into a situation where he would have to keep his exuberance in check.

it'll be very interesting to see how ashley feels about sharing her futon mattress. it's plenty big enough for 2 dogs so we'll see.
default_smile.png

the dane train will be chugging it's way across missouri to illinois and presley will arrive at the farm some time sunday afternoon. we're all ready with her very own mattress, a new colorful collar and leash, another food bowl in the kitchen. i'm so looking forward to welcoming this girl into my heart and home!
maggie's ashes were returned to me yesterday. i cleaned out the ceramic corgi cookie jar that held her favorite treats and that is where i have laid her to rest. i did leave a couple of cookies in there for her. i will open the little box containing her remains and scoop out just a tiny bit to take to the cemetery and sprinkle over gary's grave site. it will be closure for me. i miss her so much but i know she's happy where she is and i'm sure gary's glad to have her warming his lap.
default_smile.png
default_crybaby.gif
I've got tears in my eyes reading that last part......I am soo sorry she went as quickly as she did....

But I'm soo happy to hear about Presley!!!!!!

~kathryn

YOU are an amazing woman..no wonder he loved you so and God gives you more to love and nurture. Pressley is a lucky dog.

don't cry, kathryn. maggie is safe now, well again, and it wouldn't surprise me if there's even a haystack up there for her to climb to the top of. it was always one of her favorite things to do, something i had not seen her do in 2 or 3 months. when i look back on the last 7, 8 months, i am pretty sure this cancer had been working on her for quite some time. she had not felt really well, i could tell she was just "off" but even with 3 vets looking at her, we could just never put a finger on it. it was not until she started having nose bleeds that i suspected something really bad so the diagnosis didn't come as a complete surprise to me.

i feel better now that maggie is home. when it is simon's time, she will share her cookie jar with him. i have left instructions that they are to be buried with me.

crystalpaths, that's sweet of you to say. although my heart aches for my lost loves, there will always be a little corner of it saved for those animals God sends my way. i have a feeling about presley, i've had it since the first time i saw her picture even though, at that time, i wasn't even considering another dog. whether she has 1 month, 6 months, 2 or 3 years left on this earth, every minute will be filled with joy!

Oh Charlene,

I am so sorry that you lost her too. Life is just too cruel sometimes. I thank God for my animals everyday. I do not think I could cope with the loss of my mom, my Robert and my beautiful boy Niklaus without my animals love, and diversions. You are, as always, in my prayers.

Lisa

How awesome Presley is coming to live with you!!!!
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

We've wondered if Shimano needs a buddy.. but are unsure.

I can't wait to hear how it goes tomorrow.
default_wub.png

karla, i'm sure i'll have lots of pictures to post after presley settles in.
default_smile.png

lisa, so good to see you, i have been meaning to e-mail you and yes, i agree, my animals got me through the roughest time in my life and there will always be a special place in my heart for them. without them here, the loneliness would have been crushing.

Charlene you are such a sweet heart. I am so very sorry Maggie Mae had to leave you, Gary must have needed her help to do some awesome deeds in heaven.

Your a wonderful person for taking in Presley and I am sure you will provide the best of love, home and friendship to an animal in need.

God works in strange ways and he knows what a kind person he has in you.
default_yes.gif

Enjoy your new furfriend dear, can't wait to see pix of her frolicking in your yard with her new buddies.

Latest posts

Back