Mini's Favorite Scratching Post?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 3234

Reaction score
My thought is to take our old worn out large bristle broom with retanglar head and nail it to a post in their turn out pen and they love to scratch on it.
default_rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I did that as well but used 4 and screwed them to each side of the post. They really do love and with shedding season upon us all of them are like cats rubbing and rubbing. Good stuff!

there's a product called an Itching Post that comes in a sheet that you attach to a wall, around a post or tree. it's a hard plastic with "teeth" on it.

they have a website if you want to check it out.

there's a product called an Itching Post that comes in a sheet that you attach to a wall, around a post or tree. it's a hard plastic with "teeth" on it. they have a website if you want to check it out.

Sorry trying to learn how to post. I don't think I did this correctly. Just wanted to say the sweeper brush off the City sweeper trucks make an awesome scratching post. Just put a steel t post in the ground and slip the sweeper brush over it. The horses LOVE it!

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually have a full size brush wheel from a street sweeper and they LOVE it!! It's like 8 feet long and about three feet high

I looked up the Itching Post product and here is their link:

Itching Post

But how did you manage to get one of those orange street sweeper brushes ???

I would love to get one of those!

My cousin gave me and my grandma both a city sweeper brush for our horses. I haven't seen the minis use it yet. I'll have to try mine on a post,that's what grandma did.The city changes the street sweeper brushes and throws the old ones away,you should stop in and ask them.

I bought 4 of the heads for the barn push brooms and screwed them up on the corners of their shelters and in their stall. They have been up for months and NO ONE uses them. Normally they scratch on everything but not the things I bought for them to scratch on.

well i know with bulls and big horses they mount them on a post ... but i didnt get that far and just laid in down... and they love it because they can rub a good distance .. they use it ALOT.. i got mine free by stopping and asking at an old farm . i agree go to your town garage and put your name in and i am sure they would love to get rid of it!
default_biggrin.png

I also have the sweeper brooms and my horses LOVE them. My little guy will dig himself so far into it that he falls to the groung. They are funny they back up and sit on them scratching their butts.

Latest posts

Back