Mini's behaving badly/silly

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maplegum

Reaction score
Anyone have any photo's of your little ones doing silly things or behaving badly?

Not that we want to encourage bad behaviour!!

I've just seen a photo of someones mini standing on top of the dog house after he/she followed the goat up there on a post and i thought it was pretty cute. It got me thinking that there must be more photos out there of your horses having fun or being cheeky!!
default_wacko.png
:

Please entertain me fellow members as I'm still waiting to get little Bailey home. This is my only 'horse' fix i have at the moment, reading through these posts and dreaming over everyones lovely horses.

He's 12 weeks old today and counting! :bgrin

No picture of bad behaviour or silliness, but I do have a short video clip of my mini, Sparrow and his now deceased big brother Jamie the first time they met, and it is pretty silly.

I'll link the short version without sound so people with slower connections can see it, there is the full length version with sound also on youtube, with more silliness.

Here is silly little Bow showing us how he can dance!

Bowdancing.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is silly little Bow showing us how he can dance!

Bowdancing.jpg

Oh shucks picture still not shwoing up!!!

you were just missing the front bracket on the IMG tag...
default_yes.gif
: :aktion033:

awesome picture!

I'm loving this!

Keep posting!

Love the little one with the ball, how cute! And Taz ripping through the shavings, what a riot!

I love Chief's markings, he's very special. Got to get a handle on that rearing up though!

Warpony, can't get your clip from the computer here at work so i will try tonight at home, looking forward to seeing that one!

Dance Bow....Dance!

Ohhh these beautiful delightful horses bring a smile to my face on so many levels.

This is FunnyFarms Answered Prayer(the termite!) getting the bark off my cordwood.

She couldn't reach in any further from the ground so she climbed on top!

annieonwood001.jpg

this actually reminds me of a video I saw a while ago on youtube... I'm going to see if I can find it, it makes me giggle every time I see it. I think I added it to my favorites.

*visits youtube right fast*

Ah! here it is!

"Hon! Look! Scooters got the cone!"

:risa_suelos: :lol:

OK, I don't have a picture or a video of it, but if I did, I'd be about ten thousand dollars richer because I would have won one of the "Family Video" shows!!

Here is the text from an email I sent to several of my "mini" friends over the summer after an attempt to worm one of our mares:

[/COLOR]

The subject line of the email read: No Horses Were Harmed During the Making of This Circus Act

Again, the good news is nobody, horse or human, was injured during this fiasco!

Some of you have seen me, some of you have seen Sweet Pea, my coveted Gold Boy daughter, some haven't seen either of us. No matter what, this is funny stuff!

Last night was worming time at our place. We saved the best for last. Or in this case, the psychotic. Dear tiny Sweet Pea, all of about 28" on a tall day, absolutely has no use for humans. When she was heavy in foal and miserable and needing her belly scratched, she tolerated me. But within about an hour of dropping that baby the nicey, nicey stuff was over! So, to set the stage, she has just finished dinner and was in her stall, along with Binky, her foal. The stalls are 12 x 12 with concrete walls with bucket hooks here and there. Mark and I try to be as casual as possible. Whistling, we enter the stall. Her eyes grow wide with that "I'm gonna kick some human butt" look. We decide the best tactic is to grab her fast, pump the paste in her mouth before she knows what hit her. Wrong! Sweet Pea is quick as lightning and strong as an African elephant! I get my arms around her neck, holding as tight as I can while Mark gets the wormer dialed in. He leans over her, gets within inches of her head with that wormer tube and it's on! She rears up, hooves striking at anything and everything. I'm being thrown around like a rag doll, but I'm still holding on! This itty, bitty horse is NOT going to get the best of two sizable humans! Oh, yes she is. After she slaps us around a few more times I have the brilliant idea to stand in front of her and talk nicely while Mark sneaks up beside her and lands the goop in her mouth. Not going to happen! She sees him coming from the side and takes off directly for me at full speed. She tries to run BETWEEN my legs, but since my inseam is apparently shorter than her 28" she gets stuck about halfway through! Only she doesn't stop! That itty, bitty, sweet, innocent little mare was strong enough to lift me TOTALLY off the ground. At this point my nose is bobbing against her butt and she's flying around the perimeter of the stall, scraping me against the concrete and bucket hooks. For a brief moment, I know what it's like to be a bull rider! After a full turn around the stall, I manage to get one foot on the ground and somehow hoist my body off her back. My husband can do nothing but laugh his head off! I admit, it was pretty funny. But only afterward. During those few seconds, it wasn't very funny. Needless to say dear little Sweet Pea didn't get her wormer last night. Round 2 tonight. Stay tuned.

Again, somehow there were no injuries, but I still can't believe that little horse could not only lift my body weight, but actually RUN with me on top of her! We're so grateful that her foal didn't get her disposition.

Parmela Bonney

Star Ridge Acres Miniature Horse Farm

www.starridgeacres.com

I'll be honest. The ONLY reason we keep this mare is because of the foals she has. There is absolutely no redeeming quality in her personality. None! And she has NO use for any of us. She's not afraid of us, she just sees no good use for humans.

BTW, we just wormed last night and we had to crosstie Sweet Pea and then ground tie her with my foot plus I had to hold on to her halter with all I had. Even with all of this, Mark had to try several times before the paste actually got in her mouth!
default_giveup.gif
:

Last edited:
BTW, we just wormed last night and we had to crosstie Sweet Pea and then ground tie her with my foot plus I had to hold on to her halter with all I had. Even with all of this, Mark had to try several times before the paste actually got in her mouth!
default_giveup.gif
:

Ohhhh how funny! :lol: But i'm so glad you are Ok after all of that! You managed to hang on for the ride. You have a future as a rodeo rider!

You truely have your hands full don't you? Good luck!

This is one of my stallions Cuddlesome Banana Boy aka "Hotdog"

He decided he needed to cool off one day, and I had time to get the camera, since he couldn't figure out how to get out, had to call my husband home from work to help me get him out! :lol:

hotdogtank026MediumWebview.jpg

hotdogtank014MediumWebview.jpg

This is one of my stallions Cuddlesome Banana Boy aka "Hotdog"

He decided he needed to cool off one day, and I had time to get the camera, since he couldn't figure out how to get out, had to call my husband home from work to help me get him out! :lol:

hotdogtank026MediumWebview.jpg

hotdogtank014MediumWebview.jpg

Looks as is he is having a good time though!

Here are mine. They love to be bad!!

Slick in the house watching cartoons:

IMG_8168.JPG

Rocky and Slick picking on the little guy!!

01rockysfoals007.jpg

knee biting:

horsesnow042.jpg

Get off the computer and go do your homework!!

againinthehouse004.jpg

"Man, I am good looking!"

aaslick013.JPG

This is a good hiding place!

IMG_0109.JPG

"And stay out!"

11halterstuff002.jpg

Ohhhh Slick, you really are cheeky!!! :eek:

The photo of him watching TV with your son(?) is priceless.

It's hard to be mad with them when they are so darn cute!

I'm really glad i posted this post, this is giving me so much pleasure.
default_yes.gif
:

These are my fillies from this year NTM Jerry's Goldie and NTM It's Midnight Cinderella, playing in my back yard.

girlsplaying-1.jpg

Theyreoff.jpg

This is Cinderella, my kids love that point right after they are born when the babies, follow anything that moves. Here she is the day she was born chasing melody around the farm
default_smile.png

graves023.jpg

Latest posts

Back