Miniatures Horses in 4-H

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deaming of Minis

Reaction score
I am (hopefully
biggrin.gif
) getting a mini and even if I am not I would like more 4-h miniature horse activities
yes.gif
. All that we have is driving and showmanship and I would like to make more available to everyone. I went to district and I saw a mini in obstacle driving and thought, hey all we have is driving, nothing special just driving in a circle and only separated by age and horses size (pony or full sized horse). I wanted to know if any of you have asked for more classes before or if you have more things at your 4-h with miniatures. I am very determined to get more, please would any of you help me get this accomplished?

Stephanie
wink.gif

Hon it can be a LOT of work but can be done. Up here in Chebvoygan, Mich. they have several mini classes, thanks to a lady on the forum here called "northerin mini"

She and another lady I believe worked to get these started. We have mini classes in driving, trail, showmanship, patterns,costume,mmmI think jumping..also include mini in the fun classes like balloon races ets.

Are you in 4-H? Do you know any mini owners willing to lobby for more classes? You could start with the fair board, extension office etc..also if there's a mini club it would help a lot. Good luck, Maxine

Last edited by a moderator:
Here in central Massachusetts they have both adult and Junior classes for Halter - both A & B, Color Adult and Junior. Jumping adult and Junior A & B. Showmanship Adult and Junior. Driving. Trail Adult & Junior A & B. What did I leave out?

We started with just the halter and showing with the big horses for color. As more mini'

s start to come more classes were added on. If you are a 4H member you have your Fit and Show class in the morning before the rest of the show starts.

The mini's now have their own judge and their own ring. Their classes normally start around 9 AM and get over any where between noon and 3 PM.

Here in Kalamazoo, thanks mostly to one determined 4H leader, we have a large variety of mini classes both at the shows and fair. Minis also are now a division at the state 4H show as well. This is mostly due to ONE persons determination and drive so go for it!

Yes I am in 4-h and I am an older member. I think I could find some people out here that would stand with me. I am a member of the Indianhead miniature horse club. Should I talk to my leader at all or thing like that? I would love to find out more about this. I will bring this up at our next meeting. Thanks for everyone’s help I appreciate it a bunch!

Stephanie
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back