Miniature horse trailers...do they exist in Canada???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Haha so of course I know they exist, but I have been searching high and low for about 6 months now for a miniature horse trailer for sale at a reasonable price and I am having a hard time finding one. I am firm on wanting a dual axel for safety and comfort during the ride purposes. This seems to be hindering my search. There are plenty for sale in the Southern States but that's a bit unrealistic for me right now.

I am happy to go anywhere in Canada or the states bordering Canada yet I can't find anything! So my question is...where on earth do Canadians get their mini trailers?? Is there some sort of secret place to find them?

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I did not want a mini trailer--I use a 14' stock trailer that is 5' wide and about 6'4" high and I love it. I haven't out dividers in it but could do that--I could fit 5 in front and 4 in back--that's a guess because I never haul that many minis. I do haul 6 Shetlands in it, 3 in front 3 in back and could likely fit 4 in front, depending which 4 I chose. It is a safe, comfortable ride for them.

A friend of mine buys her trailers in Iowa--she buys a standard trailer and has Mimi dividers put into it.

Personally I did not want a mini trailer--I use a 14' stock trailer that is 5' wide and about 6'4" high and I love it. I haven't out dividers in it but could do that--I could fit 5 in front and 4 in back--that's a guess because I never haul that many minis. I do haul 6 Shetlands in it, 3 in front 3 in back and could likely fit 4 in front, depending which 4 I chose. It is a safe, comfortable ride for them.

A friend of mine buys her trailers in Iowa--she buys a standard trailer and has Mini dividers put into it. Here in Manitoba I am quite certain that I have not seen an actual miniature trailer--everyone uses the standard size trailers with or without Mini dividers put into the trailer.

Mine is more like a "pony" size trailer. It is 6ft high and i am not sure of the floor length, it is a slant load and i can haul 9 packed full. or I can make 4 box stalls (remove every other divider) and haul mares/foals ext. I take out the front two-three dividers to put my hay, bedding, and other show supplies. I love my trailer, we bought it last fall. I spent the last 4 years looking for one. I show mostly classic ponies (in the height of 40-46") and some minis. This trailer is made by Wrangler out of Arkansas. Everyone who has a wrangler trailer loves it and I always had wanted one...here are some pictures...(had our farm name put on it for my birthday)
default_smile.png

The first picture is from this summer after it was detailed and cleaned. The other photos are of it last fall right after we got it home (and it was still pretty dirty lol)

1045115_10200519169796756_1542690912_n.jpg

1043989_10200519170716779_38062830_n.jpg

588_4153655594702_49784847_n.jpg

182579_4153652714630_2121376104_n.jpg

971964_10200306565441780_82180137_n.jpg

Sorry I just actually read your post and seen you were asking about trailers up in Canada, I guess I cannot be much help in that field
default_smile.png
Sorry!

But if you can get your hands on one of the Wrangler mini/pony trailers - these things are PERFECT!

I'm in Ohio and had mine custom made by Calico Trailer Company. I am actually playing with the idea of selling mine (After Nationals) because I have been thinking along the lines of getting a two horse gooseneck. I love my Mini Trailer, but as I stay in my trailer at shows, traveling more, and am getting older the idea of having a "real" bed and possibly air conditioning is getting to be very appealing. I love the trailer as it doesn't change my gas mileage very much, everything is "mini" sized, but one thing to think about is if you get into the taller ponies you will have height issues. I have had a 38" with a long upright neck actually come very close to hitting her head in the trailer and this trailer is customed to 5 foot 6 inches tall whereas most mini trailers are 4 foot 6 inches.

If you can find someone who is a dealer in Calico I know they can do the mini trailers, and the price is actually very reasonable for a new trailer.. they are double axle (won't have anything else) and why the are not top of the line trailers they are still very good trailers. I have had mine for around 5 years used regularly and other than usual maintenance I have had no issues with my trailer.

I went with a 3 horse slant Miley trailer. I love it! I have enough room for minis/ponies, supplies and vehicles. I like the extra space. It is very light to tow. It is steel frame with aluminum skin.

Back