Miniature horse Stolen in WA

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is horrible she has had one stolen. I do have to say I think the worst thing she could have done was brought attention to the dollar value she feels they are worth along with the ease of transporting or making a get away with them.

Hi

I think it is pretty obvious when you see one of these little horses that they would be easy to "walk off with". I think with the dollar amount mentioned the thieves are going to want more money for this horse and that should create some interest surrounding "where he came from" as then the buyers may want papers? But of course they may have taken him for a pet and he could never be seen again.

Odd tho., they apparently came into the barn? It is someone she knows or who has been there, maybe even someone who used to work there, or does work there?

I sure hope they find the horse...............SAD when something like this happens.

Beth

Oh so sorry, sure hope they find the miniature horse.

Just by one out still wandering around makes me think, just a thought maybe they both got out and they do get into things like halters hanging.. sure hope I am right and the other one is just wandering around somewhere close to home, someone might just see him.

But maybe more reasons untold to think of theif?

A few years ago I was out in Portland for an AMHA meeting, and a group of us went out looking at horse farms. Kathy's was one of them. A really nice place, though if I recall correctly, there is only a barn and fencing there, no home and no one lives on the property, making it easier to break in.(of course all that could have changed in the last few years.)

My heart goes out to her. What is to keep someone from doing it again, especially if there is no one living there and people now know the prices of her horses? Pretty scary for sure!

OMG! I know Kathy very well and have been out to her farm many times. She is a wonderful lady and I feel so bad for her that one of her horses has been stolen! Miniature Horse people are pretty close knit in this area, I think, and if the thieves are still in the area, Im sure they will be caught!
default_new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif

That's so scarey. I hope they find out who did it. I can't imagine anyone stealing them to try and sell, the market is so slow they're not selling fast. Sounds like someone was looking for a "free"pet.
default_no.gif

I feel so awful for Kathy!
default_no.gif
We've been acquainted with her for years........She has some very nice horses. As was posted already, her barn isn't at her home, so it would make it easier for someone to steal. I just don't understand why they would though, because if they go to sell it without papers, they will only get a pet price. This is definitely a fear for all mini horse owners........

I have been to Kathy's and she has a wonderful place. There are house all around her. So it would be easy to watch people coming and going and know when to get in there. So sick. Poor Kathy. I feel so bad.

I talked to Kathy tonight and she is heartsick about this.

She is staying there at the farm and hopes most of all for her horse's welfare and return if possible.

I'm sorry for her having to experience this as I know it is a terrible feeling. I had horses stolen from people I had sold them to in 98, and I miss them still and feel bad that they were taken from their loving home.

L.

Kathy is a wonderful person who has always been so supportive of us and everyone. I've been to her farm, and her horses are all beautiful and exceptionally friendly and well-mannered. I can't stand thinking of this happening to Kathy and her sweet horses!

The mini is an un usual color, so I figure if we all keep scanning Craigs list, news paper add and so on, we all might be able to help locate Kathy's mini, some where in the NW.

OMG! That is horrible! Poor Kathy, and poor little horse. I'd be sick with worry too. I pray the horse is ok and will be found SOON! And back home again.

Has she put posters up at the feed stores? So that if someone who may have bought it will see?

(I have not read this whole thread)

My thoughts and prayers are with them.
default_sad.png

I am confident that Kathy has done as much as she can to get her horse back.

We are hoping that he has good care and that he is in competent hands, but her fears are that the person that has taken him is of the ilk that will not respect his comfort and care, so she is a little pessimistic about that (I completely understand her hurt), but again she is also hoping, as we all are and Shari is right in that he is a distinctive color so we are hoping that might ring some bells if someone happens to see him.

I hear the weather is not nice there, right now, so hoping that whomever did this will get him in out of the weather.

Kathy keeps all her horses indoors and well-groomed with individual attention so I'm sure he's in shock if he has not had that care. That and he's always had "buddies" so if he's alone he may well be distressed for that reason as well.

Liz

I am confident that Kathy has done as much as she can to get her horse back.

Liz, When you speak with her again, just check that she's contacted Stolen Horse International (netpossel.com). They really have a lot of resources to assist.

I was shocked to hear they went in and stole her horse. I watched it on the news what I don't know is what does this particular horse look like. A full description would be great. Is there a way to get a picture of this horse posted on this forum so all can see the unusual color of the horse?

He is a young appaloosa stallion. I don't know how much he's changed since I saw him, but he's distinctively enough marked and I'll see if we can get photos.

Kathy HAD contacted netposse, Parmela, that is one of the resources I had also used when the horses I sold were stolen. Thanks!

It's a really icky feeling to have them taken, the mind really runs you in circles of what ifs.

Liz

I'm sorry to hear about Kathys loss. From the way it happened its someone who has been to her farm befor. But why arn't pictures of this horse posted. I'v only seen one very tiny picture of this horse and I really couln't see much. LETS GET SOME PICTURES OUT.

Latest posts

Back