Mini with EPM

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OwnedBySockit

Reaction score
I have been a member for years but this is my first post. I have a miniature horse who was diagnosed with EPM a month ago. He is being treated with Marquis. I have also added natural vitamin E to his diet. For those of you who have ordered it in the past where did you get it from? I have been getting it from HorseTech, I love their products but was wondering what other options were out there?

Thanks in advance!

For Vitamin E, I use a product called Elevate. I get it from Big Dee's. When my horse was at New England Medical and Surgical Center, one of the head vets there was the one who told me Elevate was the best VIt. E supplement you can get. My horse is the most picky eater there is, so it must taste ok because she never refused it. It's working very well for me, so I have not even bothered to try another product.

Jen

We have a serious issue right now with one of our horses. Not EPM but the vet recommended Vitamin E and the clinic ordered it for me... $90 for an 8oz bottle... To me, that seems like a lot of money for something that cannot get you drunk!!! She gets 6cc's of it per day. The vet label covers part of the product lable but vet label reads "Elevate" as the "medication" and it looks like it's made by Kentucky Performance Products, LLC. It looks like it's labeled "Natural Vitamin E" but part of the label is covered and I can't peal the vet's off w/o it just ripping...

Before I asked the vet to order it for me, she said I could get some E at the health food store, but she had something they could order that was better. So, I asked her to order this stuff for me.

Good luck!

PS Reading Jen's post, I looked online and see this product available for about 2/3 of what I paid the vet... so I guess I'm going to order some online
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks!

I have discovered it is costly, but what can you do? That was part of the reason I was asking about options. The other was finding a product with higher IU's in a smaller quantity. I like the Natural E-5000 from HorseTech because I do like the fact that it is granules/powder I can add to his food. He is supposed to be getting between 8000 & 10,000IU's a day, but with his other supplements that is a lot of granules/powder and sometimes he doesn't eat it all.

We have a serious issue right now with one of our horses. Not EPM but the vet recommended Vitamin E and the clinic ordered it for me... $90 for an 8oz bottle... To me, that seems like a lot of money for something that cannot get you drunk!!!
Good luck with your horse too!!

And, I totally agree!!!
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back