Mini Trouble

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkyeBall

Reaction score
I haven't been on here in a very long time. I had to sell my mini stallion because the people that walked behind my property would not quit feeding him and he was getting dangerously FAT. Then the first mare we ever bought choked and after 3 weeks of treatment we had to put her down. And then I moved. I took my last mini with me. She had been doing very poorly since we had the other mare put down. I kept the mini with the cow. The cow adored her. Around the end of July That mini passed. I have tried to find another mini since. It seems that NO ONE any where near Klamath Falls Oregon has anything (mare or gelding) for a reasonable price. I have room now to foster. But I want to find something that can be a pal for my cow. Any suggestions?

Is there any rescue places around there.. or someone locally that would have goats or mini donkey? Or even a lama or what about another cow? I guess I would keep the options open to see what's out there.

I have LOOKED for rescues. Even animal control. The cow does not like goats. Or actually, she couldn't care less about them. I have been looking for another mini or another cow. I have not had any luck. I have found a couple of minis up by Portland. But that is a 600 mile round trip. I would really like to find something closer.

Are the cow and the mini or full sized donkey as a guard animal or just for companionship?

Oregon is miniature horse central, so it's only a matter of connecting with those people. Facebook has a number of pages that could help, includng NW Ponies and Minis. Diane Sandusky Dorrigan (she used to be a member here; I'm not sure about not...) would be a good connection in southern Oregon and could likely link you up with other mini folk. There are many breeders and owners in your area.

Back