Mini Trailer Conversion...work in progress! :)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindaL

Reaction score
We bought this 3 horse GN trailer just over a year ago, with the intention of making it a Mini conversion trailer. Since the people who owned this trailer before us had Minis too, they had put plywood bolted onto the big horse dividers, so it worked for us as well. But only if we wanted to haul 3-4 Minis.

About 2 months ago, we found a welder to do our conversion. He did the basic framework and a new divider (we had 4 and needed 5), but excuses after excuses, the work was not getting done and we finally "fired" him and took our trailer home. I was so frustrated and let the trailer sit for a bit before I looked for a new welder.

This new welder told me what he was going to do, what supplies he still needed and gave me a guesstimate on cost. He also said he would do the work at my house, which I was pleased about!

Yesterday morning he came over and got most of the work done. This morning, he finished what he could (he still needs one more piece of metal to make an aisleway divider, but not a big deal).

He painted the framework, but I will finish up the dividers and woodwork on my own to save a little on labor. We will eventually replace the wood with black ABS plastic. The mats still need to be cut to fit. Also, we used one of the big horse dividers as a back wall, Everything (dividers, frame, back wall) is removable.

Here are the pics from today...It is set up for 8 Minis (or will be with the aisleway divider in), but in actuality, unless we have a small horse that is very cooperative, that 8th spot near the doorway will not be in use. That is fine..we probably won't need that spot much if ever anyway! SO excited to finally have this done!
default_smile.png

pic1.JPG

pic2.JPG

pic3.JPG

pic4.JPG

pic5.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back