Mini Sweats

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ponyluva97

Reaction score
so, i was thinking of buying my mini a neck and shoulder or a belly sweat, which one would be better? Also, when do i put it on him (eg. while he is working, while he is in the paddock..)

Thanks in advance
default_smile.png

Would this one work?

neopreneneck&shouldersweat.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think much of belly sweats myself, but believe that almost any mini neck can be improved with a neck sweat. I use a throatlatch sweat first (2" or 3" wide) and then put a neck WRAP over that - usually one of the narrower ones (6" I think). I use the kind that can be left on overnight and also use them when the minis are worked. As long as they are taken off for a while every day, and their turnout buddies don't try to remove them, they can be left on most of the time.

There is a knack to putting them on so that they are tight enough to work but not too tight. I think most people (I know I did) put them on too loose at first. Pull them tight, just make sure you can get a couple fingers under them. Also, they loosen when the horse puts its head down.

I did use one like this (overnight only) on our insulin resistant mare with a heavy crest but I think I get just as good results with the combo I am now using (for less money). It is somewhat a matter of preference and what works best on your horse.

Latest posts

Back