Mini or Dwarf???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minifarmgirl

Reaction score
I just bought this sweet little girl. I'll be bringing her home tomorrow. She looks a little dwarfy to me, but I'm not sure. Dwarf or not I love her just the same. I'm just curious to know what you guys think of her. A friend will be posting the pics in a few minutes since I'm an idiot :lol: ( Thanks Michelle
default_smile.png
)
default_smile.png
UPDATE!!!
default_smile.png
She is home now :aktion033:. She's even sweeter than she was on Saturday :bgrin. The last 5 pictures are from today. She is settling in nicely. I have a fence up between her and my other two until they are better acquainted. Tomorrow I'll give her a good brushing. Thank you all for looking. Big thanks to Michelle, my official picture poster :lol: .

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL..sorry Bran!...i was out making chicken coops!!HAHAHHAHA...just got back in*S*S*S*
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Ok here are the pics of Miss TicTac!!!!!

sassy3.jpg

146ef4c2.jpg

sassy4.jpg

75213077.jpg

Ok more pics of Miss TicTac*S*

tictac2.jpg

tictac3.jpg

tictac1.jpg

tictac4.jpg

tictac5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I would need some better pictures to be definite. I really would like to see her back end better. How long is her hip and is she hocky?

She looks like a very minimal dwarf (her legs are awfully short, even with the winter fur) but she looks very healthy and sweet! Congrats on your new horse!

Andrea

I can't really make a good judgment call either, from these pictures.

The photographer needs to get down to her level, and be right in the middle of the side of her, when taking the picture, it would also help if her head is not facing the camera so we can see the length of her neck....winter woollies make it hard to judge a horse too, but a true dwarf is very easy to spot.
default_yes.gif
: JMO

Whatever she is, she's a wittle cutie pie. And she's lucky to have you!
default_smile.png

Well, I'm no expert or anything, but I'd say you have yourself a goat. :bgrin :lol: :bgrin Like others have said, we need a better pictures to really tell. She doesn't have any huge signs that really pop out to me. If she is a dwarf she is barely one
default_smile.png

Thanks everyone!
default_smile.png
She is coming home today so I'll be taking a lot more pictures.
default_smile.png
(for Michelle to post LOL :bgrin )

It is way to hard to tell just from those pictures.

But if I were guessing, I'd say she's just a small fry cutie pie, but not a dwarf.

I don't see any obvious signs of dwarfism, just a lot of hair on a tiny girl.

From those pictures I don't see anything dwarfy about that little mare. She just looks like a smaller mini in a long winter coat. Remember, when you compare a long winter coat on a 34" miniature & the same coat on a little miniature the legs on the smaller horse will be way more covered up thereby making them (the legs) appear real short when they actually aren't disproportionately short. Her legs look correct. She doesn't appear to have an underbite of any note and her head otherwise looks normal. Even with the bad camera angle it appears that she has a normal length of neck.

Bottom line is, don't be afraid that every little miniature you see is a dwarf.

And, CONGRATULATIONS on your little doll baby!

Charlotte

I'll look forward to seeing more pics of her and hearing about her arrival at her new home.

Another way to tell is usually their teeth.

How is her bite?

default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
: She is a cutie.

:saludando:

I can answer the bite question....Brandi told me she does have a slight underbite....but i am not sure how much is slight*S*....

I have to agree with Lauralee and Charlotte from the pictures.

Winter hair can make legs look lots shorter than they really are.

I don't see anything dwarfy in the pictures.

Susan O.

i dont think she is dwarf...if so she is VERY minimal
default_yes.gif
: i can see why you fell for her
default_wub.png
: she is a cutie
default_yes.gif
:

Gosh! I would agree with just about everyone on the long hair and hard to tell whats under all that! I would wait till spring and clip and then ask again on what people think. That hair can hide alot of the good as well as the bad.

JMO

Joyce

My litttle Dwarf Music Man is a yearling and has a perfect bite....He is a minimal dwarf..forgot the correct name (Little Bit help?) but he has the "normal body with short legs" he is a doll and such a sweet heart.
100_0352.jpg

"IF" she is a dwarf at all.....it would have to be an Achondroplastic dwarf. Those are the ones who look normal, except for extremely shortened legs, making them hocky in the rear. (Whitewave, I think this is the type you are referring to)
default_wink.png
:

But....from those photos alone, she doesn't look Dwarfy to me. She just looks like a very cute, tiny mini.
default_yes.gif
:

:saludando: Hi again everyone. There are five new pictures of Tic Tac for you to check out on the first page. A little better than the first set. Thanks for looking!
default_smile.png

Although TicTac does have some obvious conformation faults, including her undershot jaw, she does not appear to be a dwarf in my opinion.

[SIZE=14pt]I am going to step out on an unpopular limb here. Her bite, her small nostrils on the top of her muzzle rather than the sides, and her short legs, say to me minimal achondroplastic dwarf. Sorry but especially in the second or third pic down... not sure which one now but.......[/SIZE]

Lyn

[SIZE=14pt]I am going to step out on an unpopular limb here. Her bite, her small nostrils on the top of her muzzle rather than the sides, and her short legs, say to me minimal achondroplastic dwarf. Sorry but especially in the second or third pic down... not sure which one now but.......[/SIZE]

Lyn
default_smile.png
No need to be sorry Lyn, I prefer honest opinions. Thanks!
default_smile.png
( Hey, remember you were right about Emmie not being prego)

Latest posts

Back