Mini horse trailer

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

app crazy

Reaction score
I'm trying to find a suitable trailer for my mini. Does any one know of a company that makes one for the mini's. I've found one that slips into the bed of a pick up and some that convert a full size for mini's but I really want one made for mini's. If any of you know of a company if you could share some info or if you've converted something for your mini I'd love to see what you did.

One thing you will find out, if you buy one for Minis, you will be bonking your head all of the time. I bought a full size one and had it converted into slant stalls for Mini's. Before that, i had a Mini one and lots of bumps and bruises on my head.

That's what everyone says but I wanted a mini one mainly as I'm using a mini van to pull it and would like to keep weight and size down. I'm not going to use it a lot so don't really need the head room

I had a converted cargo trailer that pulled nicely and I could put about 6 in plus had room for tack. To answer your question - look in the Journal and World there are mini dealers in there. Both are on line if you don't subscribe.

I have a four horse slant mini trailer by Calico trailers and love it. I am only five ft tall so it works for me. I can put my cart inside and driving mare in the last stall.

I have two trailers that are made for minis and love them both. My bumper pull is only 5' tall, so I do have to duck in it, but my gooseneck is 6' tall, and is taller than I am
default_smile.png

Whinny%20For%20Me%20Farm%20--%2011102006%20--%20087.jpg

Whinny%20For%20Me%20Farm%20--%2011102006%20--%20085.jpg

WFM%20Gooseneck%20Trailer%20--%2009042006%20--%20020.jpg

Mini%20Trailer%20and%20Truck%20--%2001272006%20--%20008.jpg

trailer-tn.jpg

This is a 3 horse Gore mini trailer, just over 6' interior height so no head bumping.
default_smile.png

Jan

Wish I could help, but I got mine from someone from California. He sold us his custom 2 horse straight load trailer to us with a tack room in the front. My dad converted to a 3 horse slant load trailer. It works great for us, but i dont have pics sorry
default_sad.png

Hartminitrailer8-14-11002.jpg
trailersandJustinsdeer019.jpg
trailersandJustinsdeer022.jpg
I having a real hard time posting pictures we just got a new computer - go figure - but ours is a Hart miniature trailer we bought it used, but they custom make them new. this will hold 6-7 horses and it has six foot ceiling so no problem standing or loading carts. These are pictures when we first got it it cleaned up real nice

Last edited by a moderator:
If you look on my site, which is outdated and I really need to shut it down considering I sold/ got out of breeding, look at the sales page. Scroll down quite a bit. You will see the mini stock trailer I sold. It was by Adam, got it from wenger trailer sales in troutville, va. Two compartments, side door, swing open back door, 10 ft, dual axel, I think it was a orotund $3200 new a few years back.

Sold it and got a full size at the same place. Very similar, but full size and 16 ft, best price I could find.

Thanks for all the pics I do like the gore Jill your gooseneck is really nice. I just have my little girl aned I'm getting a colt in Jan so for me the 2 horse will be perfect. I'll have to check out the gore. Thanks if any one has any other info I'd appreciate it.

My gooseneck was made by Wrangler and it is awesome. Unfortunately, though, the company is no longer in business. Several other memories have their trailers and I think they all love theirs, too
default_yes.gif

We have this one, a Calico, and LOVE it!! Handy for running around town, to the vets, parades. If you don't back up quite straight enough you can manhandle it to get it hooked easily! Holds four with the dividers, I bet we could get six in it as a stock trailer.

I do bump my head every now and then, but if you're smart you learn not to do that very often!

We have a 2008 Gore mini trailer just like the one Jan (wildoak) posted above! And we love it!

Bill & Wanalynn

There is one for sale here that fits in a truck bed! It has 3 little stalls in it and a fold down ramp! I would have bought it but it won't fit my truck
default_sad.png

I've been thinking of converting a single horse trailer into a 2 slot mini trailer...

My bumper pull is actually by Big Valley, but looks like the Calico ones. I heard tho those had or have had a problem with rust. Ours is a 92, I think, but very minimal rust.

Latest posts

Back