Mini FOUND in Davie County, NC

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FairytailGlennMinis

Reaction score
There was a mini found wandering the streets of Davie County, NC. It is said to appear to be in good health. If you know of anyone who has lost one, please refer them to [email protected].

Please post this on any boards you can--someone HAS to be missing their mini!!

Thanks!

There are 2 mini mares missing, stolen from down here./ Could it be???

I sure hope the mini is returned to its owner.
default_yes.gif
:

Hi,

I just now saw this post. Will pass this info on to Ellen, owner of the two mini mares stolen from here in Central FL. Here is the Netposse bulletin of her report.

http://www.netposse.com/stolenmissing/2MiniMaresFLmar07.htm

Will ask Ellen to make contact as soon as possible. Thanks so much for the alert. Whether it's one of hers or not, prayerfully, it's rightful owner will be located and safely returned to it's home soon!

THanks for your help,

Tanya

Hi Beccy, Not yet. Will keep trying to reach her though. I know she's in the process of relocating to another state through her employer. It may take some time to reach her, but will keep trying.

Any news on either the missing horses or the found Mini? I hope they find their way home!
default_sad.png

Hi, I've not been able to reach her yet. Still trying.
default_sad.png

Bumping this up one more time. The people that found this mini are taking action to legally have ownership of it. They sure don't seem very interested in finding it's real owner. If you know of any message boards or mailing lists to post this info, please do. This little horse has to belong to someone out there!!

Can Net Posse help out? What about the police. Can they be contacted while you are trying to contact the lady missing the horses? I hope the horse finds it's rightful owners. Poor thing.

Making phone calls again, right now.
default_sad.png

The people that found the mini did contact the police. Other than posting on a local board they aren't trying real hard to find the owner because they want to keep it. This is bugging the crap out of me! I gave them info on where to post to look and it wasn't done, so I did it. The general thought that was posted was something along the lines of "well if they don't miss it enough to come find it, then they don't deserve it". Grrrr.

This could be one of the missing foals from anywhere else--just grown up now. It could be any one of us at any time!

What I meant was when the 2 mares originally disappeared they must have been reported to the police. maybe those police could be contacted about this horse being found so that they can check it out? Just a thought.

Ok, I was finally able to reach Ellen by phone just now. She and her son have moved out of state as of last week, but ironically happend to be back here in Florida today. Also, she's with the sheriff's deputies right now even, as they are investigating a now known suspect for the theft of her two mares. She's really worn from all this, as during her move last week, while she was moving the rest of her horses to her new home out of state, she came back for a second haul, only to find that she now had 3 of her rescue greyhounds also stolen. She had 4 dogs, one is a lab mix and the other 3 greyhounds. Only the greyhounds were taken. Thankfully they are all microchipped, so hopefully they will be found soon. The mares, are DNA's through AMHA (thank God for small miracles), so in the event the mares are found, she rests in knowing that she will be able to prove ownership through their DNA from mane hairs. Anyways, I gave her the email noted at the start of this thread, and though her computer is still packed away from her move, she's going to try to find a way to use a computer somewhere while she's here in Florida.

I was wondering though, is there any way any additional information could be disclosed for her to make ample contact through? The person who found this horse, what is their name? Is there a phone number she can just call, or have her investigators (Deputy Sheriff that's working with her right now) to follow up with a call? Any additional information that we can pass on to her would be deeply appreciated.

She sends her thanks to you, as this little bit to go on has given her such an uplifted moment of HOPE!
default_wub.png
: I THANK YOU for that too! Holding in prayers for her that this may be at least one of her baby girls. Thanks so much for all your help!

Latest posts

Back