mini fencing and temp housing

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymiracles

Reaction score
So we are moving the horses some point this summer to property we are leasing. I will have to put up a temp house, I dont want to drop 2 grand on soemthing I cant move so first part is I thought of putting up one of those like hoop houses or car port tents that you can get at TSC. They close on all sides and have a door, I can take and make stalls out of wood on the inside and divide it out and make is sturdier and safer as far as predators go for them. Anyone think this will work? I know it has its own issues but I am not sure how long I will be in Detroit but I am not leaving them behind nor can I afford to pay 375 a month per horse!

Second question is I have 15 acres I am leasing and I realize I only have 2 minis and 1 rideable horse so I dont need that much but it was a good deal, now I need to figure how to fence it to keep coyotes and foxes ect...away from my little ones. They have the whole thing fenced with barb wire and I wont have my girls near that so I was going to originally just string electric wire up and put up more strands and closer togather etc cause I want to give them as much room as possible but the mroe I look at it I am leaning more toward the electric netting. I was curious if anyone had used it and what they thought of it, I figured Its easy to move around, so I can move them around the 15 acres (like a chicken tractor) so they can have plenty to craze on, I keep going back to I would love to fence off the whole thing but economically I cant and I keep telling myself its not like I have a whole heard they can deal with a 1 or 2 acre pasture that moves.

Any thoughts?

As for temporary shelter we have a quonsethut type storage building Made of heavy guage tarping and when we recently brought horses in I put the small panels right inside and then extended out the end to make a small paddock on both ends they dont have as much outside room as I would like but can get outside and roam around yet at night the ends can be dropped so they are completely inside. The small mini panels work well for an area that you have to move around and when and if you move you just take them with you. We also take 7 of these panels to shows with us and set up our own little paddocks beside the trailer then horses dont have to stand tied to the trailer all day makes for happier horses when you show somewhere where stalls arent offered. 2 more weeks and they can meet the rest of the herd but for now they are segregated yet have their own area it has worked well.

Latest posts

Back