Mini dripping milk going on 38 hours...UPDATE

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had six healthy foals here and I had a feeling my luck was going to run out--so I stopped breeding. I don't want to put my mare, or me through the possibility.... it's such a blessing when all goes well, so heart breaking when it doesn't.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Hang in there.

I am very sorry for the loss.
default_sad.png

I'm so sorry for your loss.
default_no.gif
Breeding minis isn't easy and when your special mare is in trouble it's just an awful feeling. I'm glad to hear your mare will be okay.

So very sorry for the loss of your foal. I dont think it matters the breed a loss is a loss and once you breed ANY animal then you have to take the good with the bad.

I have been very lucky but then I have usually only had 1 foal a yr and sometimes give the mare a yr out. This yr I have 1 mare in foal and 1 that is still keeping me guessing but its looking positive. I do find myself thinking that I might be tempting fate but I give 110% to my mares and I suppose that all any of us can do.

I know your heartache... I have been there.

I bred and raised QH, Paints and Warmbloods for years and NEVER had a major issue with foaling.

Started breeding minis 4-5 years ago and have had losses every year, some major losses.

Last year losing a mare and foal during a dystocia.

I am so thankful that this year we have 4 beautiful healthy foals and all relatively uneventful deliveries...but had I not been there would have probably been a different story.

Just so glad that you were THERE for your mare... or the outcome would have been the loss of her too.

It will take time for you to heal. It is a traumatic experience to watch a mare you love, and a foal that you so anticipated, in an emergency situation. And then to have a heartbreaking outcome is just another blow.

My prayer for you is that you have peace that you did everything right in a tough situation.

I am so sorry for your loss. Unfortunately we know only too well the pain and heartbreak you are feeling now. Take heart that you did everything you could. It took us three years to get our first live foal, and that delivery was not uneventful either!! We keep this up because that live foal (now a yearling) is spectacular!!! But we are nervous wrecks right now, waiting for our first foal of 2010 from a mare that has given us only dead foals. Her 4 live foals are gorgeous and lovely movers, so we keep our hopes up.

I'm so sorry you lost a foal, nothing you could have done differently with a twisted cord.

Jan

So sorry you lost your foal,but you were there and so probably saved the life of your mare . I have four live foals on the ground, lost one that came two months early,and have 8 more coming. I pray for healthy live foals but the most important thing is that my mares will be all right . I don't leave the house during foaling season and watch my mares really carefully,twisted cords are something you have no control over ,it is just so sad to wait 11 months and then have a dystocia.

Latest posts

Back