Mini Appaloosa halter horses ???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
Just wondering who is breeding appy halter horses?

And who has been successful showing them in halter at rated shows ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Tracy of Flying G Farm has a really really nice appy stallion she shows

I breed for conformation and have Appies that are halter quality..I just wish I could take good pictures of them!

I didn't breed Windy (in my avatar at a show), but he is so awesome! I have a 3 yr. filly that would knock your socks off. All horses have faults, but it would be hard to point one out on this filly. She is a clean, lean, movin' machine! LOL!

And the colt from this year is incredible (pintaloosa with 4 whites). See pic. below.

But, I don't show anymore. Not enough time, and too cost prohibitive.

Here they are..straight out of the pasture and no conditioning what so ever..

Here is my 4yr. jr. stallion 31.25" Blue Diamond Caribbean Wind "Jack" with his fat little belly
default_wub.png
:

HQ17.jpg

This is a 7 yr. old pintaloosa mare MW Flash of Magic (Pam Galloway's breeding)

hq1.jpg

Here is the only pic. I have of the Appaloosa filly.. :eek: Blue Diamond Dream Catcher JS "Dream"

HQ7.jpg

And this is the pintaloosa colt from this year Blue Diamond Hasani Amun "Moon"

wq4.jpg

Boy Marty...my ears purked up on this one
default_yes.gif
: I have been somewhat quietly working on just that Appys that can show halter!!! This dream started with Tom A Hawk our blanketed Appy stallion when Tom started his show career and mine we were showing against pinto and solid horse and beating them....at first no one new my name at the shows it was always the lady with the Appy stallion
default_rolleyes.gif
: After 3 years of limited showing Tom did receive his Hall of Fame and other titles....champion of champions .....all stars

We have just recently added 2 new Appy mares that I feel will help in building my dream.. and of course our somewhat new leopard stallion Cowboy...its been a long road buliding our herd as most of you know a really pretty Appy is not cheap...and I might add pretty isn't the only criterion....the horse must be balanced..upright and free moving!!! So keep an eye on us and see what happens
default_wink.png
:

Here's Tom A Hawk our Halter winning Appy!!!

tom2.jpg

tom.jpg

Jim & Kay Butler in Texas. They don't post here. I'm not an appaloosa fan but their horses sure could change my mind.

Yep - we're doing that! Appy (Woodstock North Who's Appy Now) has several National Top Tens and his Hall Of Fame in halter (AMHR) - just went Reserve Champion Stallion at his first AMHA show, too!

a_jjappy52007-1web.jpg

Halter's not enough, though - and now we're working on his HOF in performance (Driving) classes!

db_407pcmhc-11.jpg

We are just getting Appy's first foals here, but his yearling colt "KpM Honeypony Appy Go Lucky" has won a few halter classes and we hope he'll go to a home that'll keep showing him! Next year we'll have more yearlings to show, too!

not a great photo of Lucky but the only one I've got at the moment!

luckypcmhc1.jpg

This is our appaloosa stallion, Yashica Light Vant Huttenest, an Orion son, who is a World Reserve Champion Junior Stallion. It's hard to see his spots in this photo but he has a lot of them.

Yashica11-11-05.jpg

This is one of his daughters with appaloosa characteristics we showed who did well in halter classes, Contessa. When she showed her muzzle was blackened by the trainer so the judges wouldn't know she was an appaloosa.

Contessa347.jpg

This colt by Yashica has been shown in halter and performance and is a World Grand Champion and World Top Ten.
lfc_toym.jpg

This colt by Yashica has been shown in the northeast and did well.
Baymont250.jpg

This is Black Ty, a 2007 colt by Yashica whose dam is also an appaloosa with a Chianti pedigree. He is halter quality and may color later.

Ty-250-2.jpg

This mare was shown in local shows before we purchased her and did well. At one show she was Grand Champion. The foal is by Yashica.

Elite250.jpg

Here is my boy...Westwind Farms Rollers Bonsai...haven't shown him a lot...but did drag him out of the pasture and he did pretty well considering he had no conditioning or practice!
default_wacko.png
: I would like to get him back into cart for next year...we'll see though. I'm not an appy person...but when I saw him I HAD to have him...actually I should say my hubby HAD to have him...we were sent a video and my hubby got it before I got home...he called and just told me to send a check...which says a lot!
default_wub.png
: Here is is...again...not really any conditioning for this picture:

WestwindFarmsRollersBonsai.jpg

Here are a couple of his foals from this year...I can't tell if the dun has any spots or not...but the filly is getting white hairs on her rear already.

tater77-1-07.jpg

sophie27-1-07.jpg

And of course I can't forget Little Americas Soshowme Buckeroo...she doesn't have spots...but she has striped hooves and mottling...I just LOVE this mare. Here she is at one of our recent shows...with Annette at HHP driving her (picture by Pangraf Photography)...she has numerous wins in pleasure driving and roadster this year:

CatCavalcade.jpg

Tracy

I will not be showing my appy mare, Klassy, but will be driving her (for fun) and breeding her to my really successful halter stallions... so who knows what I may do with the babies I decide to keep
default_smile.png

One of my stallions, Erica's Gone and DunIT, is a grandson of Yellow Diamond Little Feather on the bottom (appy) and Ima Boones Little Buckeroo Too ("BTU") on the top. The other stallion, Erica's Echos of My Destiny (HOF), has no appy in him but is a grandson of both Alvadars Double Destiny and Little Kings Buck Echo (so is double bred buckeroo, top and bottom). Klassy is a granddaughter of C-Chief Proud Eagle mare has 5 generations of leopard appaloosa behind her. Hopefully we will see some nice, appy, Buckeroo lined foals in the years go come at my place!

Appy's not a big thing for me, but I do really like this mare and I do really like having at least one leopard for my eyes to enjoy. The disposition on Klassy is without compare. This mare will try and climb a fence to get to where I am -- half lap puppy / half mini mare. Extreme desire to please her people.

Little Wee Klassic Showgirl
KLASSY%20RIGHT%20Registration%20Shots%20--%20070107%20--%20010%20SMALLER.jpg

Klassy%20--%2007232006%20--%20051.jpg

Ball%20--%20071107%20--%20027.jpg

I have had great success showing my senior stallion JNR's Medicine Man against some tough trainers up here in MI! He is now retired due to an injury but in his hay days he won many Champion senior stallion, Reserve Grand Champion Stallion and several stakes driving classes too. And he didn't start showing until 13 years old.

MedicineMidland1.jpg

I have his son whom is a silver dapple and he has a great show career so far winning everything from Area 2 Gelding incentive to Stakes Championships.

JR.jpg

Now I have two yearling's and am just starting these boys, at their first show they placed 2nd and 3rd.

So yes the appys can be very competitive , its like any horse you have to do your homework and choose good breeding stock, not necessarily a loaded pedigree but I go more by what the individual horse looks like. It's working for me anyways. Joyce

Jill I never get tired of seeing your Klassy
default_wub.png
:

I am! :saludando:

I've yet to prove them in the ring though. :eek:

We are not, but my nine year old son wants a black and white leopard appy really, really bad. If I found one for him I'd want it more as a performance horse for him but would want it to be halter quality too...the whole package.

I love buckskins and he loves appys and we found a horse with both colors..............Lavonne from Timberview in Iowa needs to come on and post pics of her buckskin appy filly that is being trained and shown by Toys Miniatures..I think her name is Timberviews Mo Money and I think she is doing very well in halter. She is gorgeous and has the most unique markings I've ever seen - a buckskin with a blanket on her topline that runs from the withers to the tail of big bold spots. Lavonne is also showing a beautiful black and white leopard appy filly in halter herself that I have admired in the barn but haven't seen in her classes so I don't know how she is doing under judges. I know when it comes to appys judges seem to "love em or hate em" which is too bad.

Well, I have off & on luck with halter. Here is my boy Legend as a weanling, when he did fairly well in halter:

/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/legendshow1.jpg

and now that he jumps too:

/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/legendjumping2007.jpg

And then there is Jack as a weanling:

/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/jackshow.jpg

And Jack now that he drives(he's a gelding now too):

/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/jackdriving2007.jpg

My little filly isn't loud spotted yet but she's working on it (her mother didn't spot till she was 2):

/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/Pearlclippedrear.jpg

And Naomi and Niabi weren't bred by me but will be having babies for me:

/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/naomihalter2007.jpg

/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/niabishowhalter2007.jpg

And this little boy is going off to WV to be a show horse for someone else:

/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/surpriseandniabi.jpg

And my yearling gelding who I haven't taken out this year but did well at the VA State Fair last year as a weanling:

/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/mannysept200601.jpg

Ebony has done okay in halter but she really doesn't like it. She got a Reserve Overall Grand B Mare a few years ago but not with me showing her! But she's a driving dynamo!

/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/ebonyharness1.JPG

Check out www.pinehavenstud.co.nz they breed some stunning appys here in NZ, look under show results and you will see Pinehaven Loud N Clear a very stunning and successful leopard appy.

ps. You will also see Pinehaven American Hero (hes a pinto gelding) and he's now mine! yay! :aktion033:

Thanks for the mention Clickmini :aktion033: Yes for about 10 years now we have been slowly building up our appy herd. And each year I see improvement in the new foals, but its a long road. Like most folks we have had to work with limited funds but still I have tried to always upgrade pedigrees and type in my appys not just color. We bought and or bred apps with Gold Melody Boy, Buckeroo, Roan Ranger, Paul Bunyan, Rowdy, and now big doses of Orion and Sids Rebel blood as I have sons of both that are adding LOTS of class to my herd
default_yes.gif
:. I think my foals in the next few years will be truely outstanding. Halter is not my favorite thing to do but I am seriously LOVING what little showing I have been able to do in the driving classes. And you WILL be seeing me showing some apps in driving one of these days!!!

Here are some of mine I am especially proud of
default_wub.png
:

Our appy Sids Rebel son- Lucky Four Rebels Real McCoy

McCoysideBEST07.jpg

Our Orion son- Brewers Orion Slate, a national champion producer and sire of some real loud appy foals for me

brewersorionslate.JPG

Our girl DD that we love, not a great pix. She is a granddaughter of Nat. Grand Champion Skip a Star so goes back too Roan Ranger and GMB.

DDstdstacklookawayGOOD606.JPG

This is a Slate daughter out of leopard appy Dreamer.

dreamslatebothwalkgoodmomshead2d.jpg

Our Slate/Firewater buckskin appy now yearling colt pictured when new.

fireslataecoltstandLONGneckBEST2dy.jpg

Another Slate filly out of Gala

galaslatefillyrunclosessidebunchedGOOD2dy.jpg

Well I better quit now I could go on and on. Love them spots
default_wub.png
:

Latest posts

Back