Mini 4H clubs?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FairytailGlennMinis

Reaction score
Is there anyone here involved with a mini 4H club? What exactly do you do as a club and what is the focus? What about ages of participants?

Thanks!

-Amy

We've been running one for several years now in Ontario, Canada.

Our membership consists of approx. eighteen 10 - 17 yr olds right now.

Meetings, projects, shows, parades, clinics, driving, seniors & sp. needs visits

are some of the things we focus on.

But our main focus is fun & the kids 'learn by doing'.

You should contact your local or state 4-H executive & find out more info

as Canadian & U.S. clubs are run abit differently.

(or pm me for more info)

Sandy

We have a club with 14 member from 8-17 and do just about everything but most of all have fun with our horses and learn how to take care of them. We attend shows, go on trail drives, practice together, parades, do what we call quiz bowl practice, attend our local fair and much more. Contact your local county extension office to find out what clubs are available for you or if you can start one.

I'm one of the leaders with Diana and it is great. Our kids also participate in the county qualifing show, 4H day, we also do community services.

I have a meeting set up with the county extension agent on Thursday. We only have one equestrian club and it is for basicly trail riding. The lady was thrilled with the idea and is willing to help with it herself. I grew up with 4H myself, but that was a looong time ago. What type of mini specific things do you do?

-Amy

We really don't do anything that is specific to minis. The meetings are run just like the other clubs and we teach them all of the 4H horse program. When they go to Quiz Bowl some of the things the kids with the larger horses will ask what is it for a mini.

Our county horse show has classes for mini's in that they have in hand obstacle and driving classes for them.

The only thing that our drivers can't do is go on to the Eastern State Horse Show due to not all of the New England states recoginze mini's in the 4H program.

If you want you can PM myself or Diana with more questions or just ask the questions here.

4H is a great place for kids to learn!!

If your county agent needs any help he/she can either email our county educator in NH, Lauren Bressett at [email protected] or call her on the phone at 603-352-4550. I'm sure that Lauren would be more than happy to help our county out. We have a very strong horse program in Cheshire County. I believe we have 11 4-H clubs of which 2 are miniatures only.

Latest posts

Back