Mineral supplement

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nancy

Reaction score
What can you all tell me about chelated mineral supplement, compared to an all purpose mineral vitamin supplement for miniature cattle, which would be the best for miniature cattle? Basically the both have the same ingrediances but, one is chelated? What is chelated mineral?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure the question you are asking, but I would buy minerals formulated specifically for horses, not cattle. Horses are not ruminants like cattle, and have different nutritional requirements.

On an educational note about chelates, it is pronounced "key-lates" and "key-lated", so when you talk to your local nutritionist, you can sound like you know what you are talking about!
default_biggrin.png

On an educational note about chelates, it is pronounced "key-lates" and "key-lated", so when you talk to your local nutritionist, you can sound like you know what you are talking about!
default_biggrin.png
Here in the land of nutriceuticals, I just took for granted that everyone was familiar with that term...good tip, Myrna!

susanne

from Oregon, where the streets are lined with granola (though not so much in Scappoose...)

Latest posts

Back