minature mare bred!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanessa101

Reaction score
this is my miniature mare bella she is 36 inches and is bred (shes been with a miniature stud for a year from where we got her) soo she just got seperated from the stud for few months now... its obiouse that shes bred but can you guess how long she is in pregancy? she has no bag and we dont feel any movement when we feel her belly.And what colour is she?could she be a silver bay or a liver chestnut?

bella 004.JPG

bella 003.JPG

bella 010.JPG

bella 002.JPG

I have a grulla who is that color with sunbleached mane like that.

Im only taking a stab at it as Im terriable with estamating times of births, (But will say about 150 days out just cause she looks like my 3 mares that are about the far out as well) But you never know... If a breeder is close by, maybe ask for their help on seeing her in person and helping on a close date. Otherwise watch her like a hawk! Also do you know if she's ever foaled before or is this her 1st time?

BUT color, smokey black or silver black or chocolate dapple, or as above grulla.

Seems to me that this mare has been discussed before, unless it was one just like her. Same as before, I think she is black or dark bay; I think she looks far enough along that you should be feeling kicking, but it's impossible to tell by pictures sometimes. (I'd say around 7 months pregnant just as a guess) I hope she gives you a healthy foal and shows clear signs for you so you can be there for her during the delivery.

she is a darker shade but she looks a similar colour to absoluts in his winter coat (the forelock is more like him) and her eyes look light brown/amber so I think she is a dark silver smoky black , do you know what colour her parents are ?- that would be a great help! I wouldnt guess how far she is because with her winter coat its impossible to tell how big her belly is , also first timers tend to be tighter

heres a pic of him taken last december just after I got him home and another to show his summer coat colour

156684_1546564778771_1074572782_31248843_1758385_n.jpg

307725_2172703409578_1606579267_2191032_5341409_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
she is not a first timer this will be her second foal and we dont know what colour her parents are because the people we bought her from bought her at an auction they onley owned her,her foal,and two stallions and first foal was a sorrel with no markings.

Might be worth having a vet check her over and evaluate her, they could possibly ultrasound or at least give you an educated look.
default_smile.png
If you bought her at auction and don't have a lot of history on the mare, would be good to have her checked now before she delivers. Hope you get a nice foal.

Jan

Back