Milk strip question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitney

Reaction score
I'm a COMPLETE novice. How long between numbers does a mare go. And once they are testing a 4 how many hours until they actually foal?

Boy, you may get a wide range of answers on this one, but I have to say I do and am currently using the milk test stips & along with that pool test strips....and so far the milk test strips said my mare was within 12 hours of foaling & that was yesterday afternoon....well, she still hasn't foaled. I almost think that the pool test strips (testing for hardness & PH) seem to be more on target. Sorry I don't have a definitive answer for timing etc...atleast until she has the foal..haha. I noticed my mare was on the 2nd to last square for several days & she had the orange (last square) yesterday & this morning at 4:30 am....so it's just hard to say. I am just trying to look at several signs & not just going by the milk or pool test strips....

Sorry, I don't have a better answer for you....hope your mare stare is going well, I am just going to be so happy when this foal arrives......maybe then I can get a little sleep..ya right..who am I kidding. :bgrin

Latest posts

Back