Mike McCabe Clinic

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KTS@Sawmill River

Reaction score
AMAZING!!!!!!

Absolutely AMAZING!!!! Mike McCabe is one of the most intelligent driving trainers out there and he offered great insight on how to improve and work with a driving horse. I was very IMPRESSED!!! The whole weekend ran smoothly and it looked like everyone had a great time!!! Thanks again to Dru and the Northeast Miniature Horse Club for the opportunity to be schooled by one of the best!!!

I took over 600 pictures throughout the weekend and unfortunately, can't post them all here, but here are a few:

Lisa Goble's gelding, SRF Desperado

Drivingclinic002.jpg

My mare, SRF Silhouette

Drivingclinic001.jpg

Jenifer Van Deinse's stallion, Millstones All Revved Up

Drivingclinic005.jpg

Lisa Goble's gelding, SRF Maserati

Drivingclinic004.jpg

Dru Crowell's mare, Flying W Farms A Song For Blue Boy

Drivingclinic003.jpg

Lisa Goble's gelding, SRF Desperado

Drivingclinic008.jpg

Millstones All Revved Up(Next 2 pics)

Drivingclinic007.jpg

Drivingclinic006.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great photos, but now I'm dying to know who's who and what's what

I figured out who Mike is, but I wish I knew what he's telling everyone...

Never mind me...sounds like I'm never satisfied!

It was obviously a great clinic, ahd your farm truly is beautiful!

Kristina,

The pictures are great and it looks like the clinic was a lot of fun. I have heard a lot of good things about how good Mike's clinics are. Your driving mare looks great, you have done an amazing job with her. Aubrey

Thanks, Kristina! What a beautiful group of horses! Silhouette is beautiful and looks like quite a fancy mover!

I love Rev, too...he looks like a little Friesian!

i went to mikes driving clinic last year and mike is amazing. he truly has "the touch" with horses. I was hoping to go next weekend to his clinic here in ohio but dont think im going to make it

i went to mikes driving clinic last year and mike is amazing. he truly has "the touch" with horses. I was hoping to go next weekend to his clinic here in ohio but dont think im going to make it

Awsome picture of Lyric! (FWF A Song For Blue Boy) Darn, shouldn't have sold her!!!!
default_wacko.png
:

Love the pics and thanks for sharing. I went to his clinic last year at his training center and i agree, AMAZING!!! I'm attending this weekend his clinic at his training center and am very excited, McCabes facilities are beautiful and i could listen to his words all day long, he has a way with horses and people.

Thank you for sharing the pics, all the horses look beautiful
default_smile.png

Suzanne-

You should have seen Rev before Mike took the clippers to his mane. He REALLY looked like a Freisan then!

Kristina-

AWESOME photos!!!!!!!!!!

Jenifer

Ah yes, Mike and his clippers. His mantra is "HAIR IS BAD, GET RID OF THE HAIR". :bgrin

lol i have to agree..hair is bad..lol I wish the standard wasn't to show mini's "natural". I know some people do have manes that are sort of hunter link and i like those..wish more people showed with them! they are much easier to deal with..less tangles.. less mess... looks tidier.. and doens't get tangled in your tack! lol

I am sooo jealous -- looks like a great time was had by all. I would LOVE to attend a clinic by Mike - he is one of my all-time favorite trainers, not to mention just a all-round great person (Oh, better not forget - a terrific & fair judge too!)

All the horses looks terrific - it is very rewarding to see how far our driving horses have come in such a short time period - kudos to all, it a lot of hard work to train these horses, and not many people (outside of us "driving" fanatics) know how technical and difficult it really is to turn a really good driving horse out. It makes my heart swell, as many know that driving is my passion, and to see how many people are jumping in to this aspect of miniatures is truly, truly rewarding - my dreams of the last 25 years are comming true!

Keep up the good work - I am right there with you! (I just have to wait a couple of years for my next serious contender to grow up!)

Stacy @ Mountain Meadows

This looks like the BEST day! Mike is so great! And such a great teacher. I can't wait to have him come here to Montana. I HAVE to get crackin on that
default_yes.gif
: Thanks so much for sharing the pictures. Your guys' horses look very very nice.

Awsome picture of Lyric! (FWF A Song For Blue Boy) Darn, shouldn't have sold her!!!!
default_wacko.png
:
Hehe, YOU GOT THAT RIGHT! :bgrin

Once again, the clinic was awesome and Kristina :aktion033: , you got all the right shots at all the right moments

Oh my gosh...looks like you all had a great time! The horses look spectacular...Dru/Molly...I hadnt seen Lyric moving....she's beautiful....and I do like The Rev too!!

Kristina you did a great job on the photos...Molly is right...you sure caught the shots just right.

Thought I'd mention we have 2 stalls available for Mike McCabes Clinic at his farm this coming weekend if anyone wants to bring a horse...someone had to cancel, so we have room. Mike is doing halter Saturday and Driving on Sunday. Star Lake will be on hand with their full tack trailer. Email me if anyone has questions or wants to come here is his website with all the info... www.mccabetrainingcenter.com

JUST rolled in from a 3 day whirlwind tour through the South...and am dragging but happy to be home! ( the last 30-50 miles were in pea soup fog)

The clinic was a 20 on a scale of 1-10! I never heard anyone say anything but WOW! Even hairy, all the horses learned and looked wonderful! Thank you all for the wonderful times we all had with you and I learned a bit from EACH horse ....Oh Yes...AND Mike! I was thrilled.......And am thinking about Next year's clinic already.....

dru

off to bed.....

well shoot wish i had known they had space. i had wanted to bring black for halter but no way can i get him ready in a day lol.

Latest posts

Back