MHCO show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Filipowicz Farm

Reaction score
First want to say we had a great time and seen old friends and meet many wonderful people in Canada. Want to say congratulations to all. I have a question though. It was one of the last classes on Sunday and a young girl was allowed to show her horse wearing shorts and top and flip flops in the show ring. I was under the impression that all adults and children should wear proper attire in the ring and wondered why this was allowed. Why this one chid was excempt from the rule.? Other then that they had some beautiful horses at the show, fun talking and meeting people and great exercise walking to the show ring. Wishing all in The Miniature Horse Club Of Ontario a very successful show season . For those going to Nationals much success. Walt and Frannie

It was one of the last classes on Sunday and a young girl was allowed to show her horse wearing shorts and top and flip flops in the show ring.
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_no.gif

Was it a championship class? Where maybe a handler had several horses and had to grab whoever was around to show one in?

I heard, the young girl was the only one in the youth obstacle class & adult class, and since that was the case the Judge said she did not have to show, than decided she should do one obstacle instead of setting up the whole course, the front feet in the hoop, but they already where packed up ready to go home.

So she came back up with her shorts and clogs.

That is what I just heard happen from someone else that attended.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just received a email from the parent of the child expalining why the child was in the ring dressed this way. The judge cancelled doing the class since there was only one entry. Then the judge deceided to do the class and the arena was a long distance from the barns were the horses were and up a steep hill. The judge allowd the child to be dressed in shorts since she had changed and this was one of the last classes. This is normally not allowed at any of the shows but the judge oked this. Thanks for clearing this up for me. It was great fun and as always enjoy coming to Canada to see so many great friends.

Back