Met with the surgeon today and...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mercysmom

Reaction score
Met with the surgeon today to go over the results of my HIDA scan... my gallbladder has a 20% ejection fraction and is inflamed...possible blockage in the main duct and the duct coming off the gallbladder based on other symptoms I am having so I go under the knife next Friday with contrast xrays scheduled during the procedure to rule out any other stones hiding where they should not be.

I am hoping I heal quickly as I do not have the sick time available to me at work but a friend of mine who is also a family practitioner said he is concerned that the blockages could back up into my liver or pancreas and the affect on my diabetes. I am following the low fat, high fiber diet to avoid another trip to the ER and the pain involved.

It will take a lot more than some stupid stones or malfunctioning organ to take me down...but hubby is getting ready for some horse chores when I am recovering and I know I will be outside for the healing the "girls" give to me... I have had Weatherly, Neffie, Freedom and Independence flanking me every step I take when I am in their pen... there is a nose here, someone is sticking a muzzle in my face or giving my coat a shake to tell me they are aware what is going on. Hubby would think I am a few sandwiches short of a picnic but the best medicine is always out in my barn. Mercy and Dipper are there as well but they give me space - they seem to know I am tough but they will give me a nuzzle or Dipper is accommodating me when I mount to ride as I am not moving fast these days but to have the ability to get out and ride is a good thing.
default_smile.png

Denise

This is a tuff one but your attitude is perfect. I think the husbands can hold the fort pretty good when push comes to shove so you'll be able to heal up safely. Just don't rush things and hope everything "comes out" well. Will be thinking of you on Friday Denise! Don't forget to post an update soon as you can. Much love and best wishes to you.

It will all go well with you my friend and I am sending prayers your way. Courtney and I miss you lots and have been thinking of you. Love you Dee, Linda

Denise you will be in my prayers and thoughts. Marty is right you have a good attitude. Stay positive and recover quickly.

Had gallbladder surgery done (with an incision) over 20 years ago. Couldn't wear a bra comfortably for a couple of weeks, but was back to work in a week. I wish I had had it done sooner and hadn't been in so much pain by putting it off for months. You will be surprised how good it will make you feel! Good luck!

Sending prayers...hopefully it will make you feel so much better!

Thank you very much... I appreciate it very much, more than many of you can know.
default_wub.png

Linda - we miss you and Courtney oh so much...
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

I will keep everyone posted - Thursday I find out what time I go in on Friday and I was promised a good scan of my insides. I will get through this as I have six mares out in the barn depending on me as I know their inner workings (I refer to them and my two pot belly pig sows as my personal Estrofest as in the house there is hubby, two sons, one adopted son and one neutered male Lab and a neutered tom)
default_new_shocked.gif

Thank you - I appreciate it so, so much and so does my family...

Denise

and Tim, Andy, Ben and Greg

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Back