Merry Christmas to Me!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunnylady

Reaction score
Ooh, I'm so tickled I can barely type! I wanted to include pictures, but it was too dark to take 'em. Pics will have to wait until tomorrow, but after waiting this long, I couldn't contain myself, I had to tell y'all!
default_wub.png
default_new_multi.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif

She's 8 mos. old, and solid palomino. She probably won't make a halter horse, but she's leggy, straight, sound and has one of the sweetest personalities I've ever met. Her sire is Sweetwaters Wizard of Oz, a 36" Cremello leopard appaloosa (AMHR and WCMHR registered.) Her dam is KDS Short Stuff Lil Angel Katrena, 33.5, sorrel w. flaxen mane and tail, AMHA and AMHR registered.

As expected, Betsy is perfectly cool about her, but I'm afraid Syd may be inclined to be a bit jealous. For now, they will be getting acquainted through a fence.

She hasn't been registered yet, so I get the honor of naming her. Her barn name has been Blondie, I haven't decided whether we'll keep that or not. Any suggestions?

Well, it rained last night (of course!!) so, please excuse the mud. . . .

critters334.jpg

critters336.jpg

This little girl is puppy-dog friendly, the only way I could get a picture of her was to put a piece of carrot on the yellow crate and try to snap a picture before this happened:

critters335.jpg

Finally, I had to get out of the pen, altogether!

critters340.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's fantastic! Congratulations on your new mini! Sounds very cute and I can't wait to see your pics.

Congrats!!! Can't wait for pics...you will have fun naming her
default_yes.gif
I think that is one of my favorite things to do -picking out names for my foals!!!
default_aktion033.gif

Congratulations on your new girl, years ago when I was working with showjumpers in England we had a palomino mare whose barn name was Blondie and her name for the show ring was Prize of Gold. Just a suggestion
default_smile.png
Can't wait to see pics, I love palominos.

Yvonne

Hmmm, this may take a little while. Sometimes Syd acts like she wants to play with Blondie, sometimes she acts like she wants to murder her! I understand from the breeder that she's used to getting grief from her herdmates, but I'm glad I have a fence between them for now. I think my daughter is in love with her already!
default_wub.png

Aw, thanks guys! She's a real doll baby. Every time I go out there, she nickers and comes running. I'm not fooled - she has figured out that I almost always have carrots in my pocket (blame that on the mule, it was the only way I could get near her at first, now it's a habit.)
default_rolleyes.gif

I bought this girl for her personality, more than her looks. When Betsy came to me, she was 9 years old and wary. Syd was also about 8 months old, but she's rather rowdy and larger-than-life. At two years old, she's good with me, but I still can't trust her around children. Blondie already halters, leads, and stands to be brushed as though she's done it every day of her life, and I know for a fact, she hasn't! I wanted a mini the kids could "play with," without having to worry about getting roughed up.

Blondie seems a very gentle soul.

That said, there is a possibility we might decide to show in performance classes with her. Her neck is - well - her neck, there's nothing to be done about that, I reckon. I am unsure about her hind legs. As you can probably see from the last picture, she often stands with her hocks close together and her toes pointing outward. Her toes lie in the same plane as the hocks, so all the rotation seems to be higher up. Is that cowhocked stance possibly a habit/conditioning thing, or is it always conformation? Do you think it will improve with age, or is there something that could be done now to help correct it?

Back