Memorial Day weekend plans?

Discussion in 'The Back Porch' started by Angie, May 24, 2019.

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk by donating:

1. May 24, 2019 #1

Angie

Angie

Angie

Administrator Staff Member Admin

Hi all

Any of you traveling for the long weekend, please be safe. For those staying home I hope you have good plans.

Anyone doing a family and/or friends barbecue or picnic? Going to the beach, having some fun cart riding times?

For me, no particular plans. I was going to drive to get cousins and bring them to aunts house, but that's been put off until next week. I may just do the same things as any other weekend.

How about you?

2. May 24, 2019 #2

Crimson Rose

Crimson Rose

Crimson Rose

I would love to go spend time with my husband and son at our local beach, but I doubt it will happen :/ My husbands family thought about coming to visit, then backed out. We will probably end up chilling at home. LOL

3. May 24, 2019 #3

Bluebell2

Bluebell2

Bluebell2

MHT Supporter MHT Supporter

Not traveling here either. We will go to our local towns celebration where they honor those that have served and lost their lives. Honor Color Guard from all branches of the military and they go to local cemeteries and lay a wreath at a chosen grave site and play taps on the trumpet. Then home to relax and hopefully enjoy a sunny day with no rain...wait they are forecasting more rain. At least it isn't too dry. ;)

Willow Flats and Cayuse like this.
  4. May 24, 2019 #4

Cayuse

Cayuse

Cayuse

No real plans here either. I do have a lesson with Peanut for tomorrow if the weather is cooperative. My husband is a volunteer Fireman/EMT in town and this is usually one of his busier weekends so I may not see him much. People get into the darndest trouble sometimes!
    Bluebell, it is nice that you go to the services. We used to go and should do so again. Our town does the same as yours with a parade and Taps. The 21 gun salute used to scare me when I was little.

5. May 24, 2019 #5

Marsha Cassada

Marsha Cassada

Marsha Cassada

Everyone is just watching the weather here. Will put a new arrangement on the family stone at the cemetery and go to the veteran's memorial service. We have a father and son trumpet duo who play taps like an echo. It is the most poignant rendering of taps I've ever heard.

Willow Flats likes this.

Draft saved Draft deleted