Memorial Day weekend plans?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minihorse

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Hi all

Any of you traveling for the long weekend, please be safe. For those staying home I hope you have good plans.

Anyone doing a family and/or friends barbecue or picnic? Going to the beach, having some fun cart riding times?

For me, no particular plans. I was going to drive to get cousins and bring them to aunts house, but that's been put off until next week. I may just do the same things as any other weekend.

How about you?

I would love to go spend time with my husband and son at our local beach, but I doubt it will happen :/ My husbands family thought about coming to visit, then backed out. We will probably end up chilling at home. LOL

Not traveling here either. We will go to our local towns celebration where they honor those that have served and lost their lives. Honor Color Guard from all branches of the military and they go to local cemeteries and lay a wreath at a chosen grave site and play taps on the trumpet. Then home to relax and hopefully enjoy a sunny day with no rain...wait they are forecasting more rain. At least it isn't too dry. ;)

No real plans here either. I do have a lesson with Peanut for tomorrow if the weather is cooperative. My husband is a volunteer Fireman/EMT in town and this is usually one of his busier weekends so I may not see him much. People get into the darndest trouble sometimes!
Bluebell, it is nice that you go to the services. We used to go and should do so again. Our town does the same as yours with a parade and Taps. The 21 gun salute used to scare me when I was little.

Everyone is just watching the weather here. Will put a new arrangement on the family stone at the cemetery and go to the veteran's memorial service. We have a father and son trumpet duo who play taps like an echo. It is the most poignant rendering of taps I've ever heard.

Latest posts

Back